NBA union launches contest for new logo

Waffles

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went through and voted for all of the ones that were designed in crayon or MSPaint, or had unlicensed stock photography, or had way too much content on them, and I encourage everyone to do the same. Let them get exactly what they paid for.

I went through and voted for all of the ones that were designed in crayon or MSPaint, or had unlicensed stock photography, or had way too much content on them, and I encourage everyone to do the same. Let them get exactly what they paid for.

Done.

these are all crap

I'm not arguing the NBPA is in the right and I understand this is wrong, but what's the difference between this and when a team does a "fan design a jersey contest" or something like that, because people here seem to be fine with those.

People here are NOT fine with those at all. you'll get the same complaints there as well.

FWIW i dont have a problem with it... they are asking for volunteers and if they are happy with a medicre product that an amateur does then thats their right.

The issue seems to be that professional designers are losing business because companies can solicit amateurs to do a decent enough job for little or no payment at all. But to me thats just a matter of times chaning. People used to have to pay big bucks to rent studio time, now you can record a song pretty good at home. Don't you think professional newspaper writers are pissed that they lose readership to amateur blog writers that do a decent enough job? Maybe its contributing to an overall dumbing down of our society that people seem to be satisfied with medicre products, but that IS society now. Everyone has to evolve.

I designed websites for a long time, used to get thousands for each one, now its practically free to have a servicable website you can easily build urself or just use social media as your web presence. So I have to evolve with the times, offer new products no one else offers for free that has a value to consumers. If you are a professional graphic designer that is losing business to amateurs then you need to change your business plan to offer something no one else can --- and having more even strokes around your logo and a more refined color palatte isn't going to be enough for the average customer anymore. Also Sucks for all of us logo nerds that like to see great logos.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

$2500 Prize money

Maybe.

As I pointed out on the first page according to their official rules, they now own every single one of those terrible designs and can take any part (concept, idea, color, type, icon, etc) of whichever one they want, or any single logo itself and use it without compensating anyone.

This is my favourite, and should be a slam dunk to win the contest ;)

pedro_dominguez____senkfv16qfiahqdr8rm8_

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Archived