NFL MVP 2014

TVIXX

DeMarco Murray should be in the conversation

He had a stellar year, but RBs don't sniff MVP if they don't crack 2,000 yds or have TDs in the 20s.

I think it will come down to Rodgers or Watt. I hope Romo is in the conversation though. It's a homer pick, but I think his play this year warrants a few votes. He supposedly isn't elite, and his team was supposed to suck harder than the year before. I think both of those were proven not to be true.

DeMarco Murray should be in the conversation

I don't think he's the MVP even on his own team.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes Rodgers is vital for the Packers, but he's a quarterback. JJ Watt has dragged a very, very average Texans team to the verge of the playoffs, whilst playing on the defensive line. H's been the best player in the NFL this year by absolute miles.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

^ This is true. But...the Texans aren't dancing in the postseason. Nor is he playing the "glamour" position. That's two strikes against him.

Shouldn't be that way, but...it is. That said, if any QB should take the vote over J.J. Watt, Rodgers is the clear-cut choice.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Matt Stafford should be the MVP.

He wasn't even the best player or Most Valuable Player. I am a diehard Lions fan. But I also don't look at at things with rose colored homer glasses

Maybe Watt deserves it. Maybe he doesn't. But it's a moot point. QBs are the only MVP winners.

Didn't Peterson win it the year he almost broke Dickerson's record? Like 2-3 years ago?

You're right. I forgot about him. But he had to nearly beat an all time record to win it.

Yup. And Tomlinson and Shaun Alexander 6 or 7 years before that. It`s never a defensive player, or even a wide receiver. I find if a WR is that good that he`s at MVP level, the QB always gets a lot of the focus thus negating the MVP consideration altogether.

A running back appears to do the magic all by himself.

sig.png

Archived