PHOENIX: Redemption (Phase 3) VOTING

crashcarson15

Apologies for this not being up Monday — it's the first week back at school which means there are suddenly other people around in my life. Weird stuff.

Voting should be conducted by ranking one's top five entries. Five points will be awarded for each first-place vote, four for each second, and so on. When voting, refer to the school's name. Note that this is different from last round.

Entry List

Disqualified Entries

• Ole Miss - Home | Away | Third - DISQUALIFIED: No white jersey included as per Phase 3 regulations.
  • USC - Home | Away - DISQUALIFIED: Member did not submit a third jersey as per Phase 3 regulations.

Voting will close Saturday at 11:59 PM EST. Results will be posted the following day.

Members may not vote for their own entries. Do not disclose the identity of any entry, including yours.

Thanks for everyone's patience here!

6fQjS3M.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. TCU - Awesome. Love love love love love love. Great use of red and the striping is awesome

2. Ohio State - Same as above. Great job, just great work. Visually it's awesome.

3. Colorado - This one is great, especially love the helmet.

4. Washington - The only thing that kept it from being at the top is the fact that gradients are a little out of place. But that one is also very nice.

5. UNC - I love the pattern. The alternate helmet logo was the only thing that kept it from #4 or #3.

Honorable mentions (in no particular order):

Florida State

Kansas State

Missouri

Nebraska

Tennessee

TCU - Just a great look all around. Love the subtle use of red and the return of the frog skin pattern.

Arizona - Glad to see the double stripe pattern back, and the sleeve and pants applications are really nice.

Tennessee - Really like the use of the checkerboard and the number font.

Texas A&M - Something just really drew me to this one. I like the striping and the bevel works better here than in real life.

Georgia - Really like the sleeve striping and the use of silver over white works, IMO.

Honorable mention:

Ohio State - Love the new sleeve stripes. This would have edged out Georgia, but I wasn't a fan of the alt at all.

Washington - I really like the sleeve and pants pattern, but it seemed arbitrary. Also wasn't a fan of the W on the chest.

Kentucky - A solid look, but the Tennessee concept executed the checkers better, IMO.

My top five:

1. TCU (far and ahead the winner; congrats on a fantastic concept, with the way you were able to work in red as a tertiary color and the helmet for the third being standouts)
  2. Illinois (I like how you incorporated the basketball team's "striping", especially on the torso, which seemed a unique use of the template)
  3. Miami (at first I wasn't even considering this in my top 5, but the color balance and interesting striping look better and better to me each time I look at it)
  4. Nebraska (I don't like the execution of the Blackshirt third, especially the diluted-looking gradient and the number font, but overall this set is classic)
  5. Colorado (I love how you modernized their retro helmet design, while keeping the classic shoulder stripes and trying to build a modernized pants stripe off of them, but I'm not feeling how the pants stripe trim extends all the way down--it's too thin of a stripe to stand on its own)

Honorable mentions:

1. Arizona (an early favorite for me, but I just really don't like copper and gradients in Arizona's identity, so the third lost it for me, even though you had such a great idea for using both the iconic helmet stripe and your own invented [?] jersey and pants striping; was still really difficult not to choose this as my #5)
  2. Kentucky (clean way to use a unique pattern in the striping without overdoing it--like the North Carolina concept--but the third's helmet is just too bizarre for me, and I don't really understand the shifted jersey striping there either)
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

1. TCU: Frog skin pattern on the helmets looks great. They're pretty similar to the current uniforms, but the addition of red puts it over the top. Good balance of purple and black throughout.

2. Notre Dame: I really like the shade of gold you used. The striping on the sleeves looks great, but it's a little crowded with the ND there too. But I'm not big on the shamrock pride stickers. The alternate is just about perfect, I wish they would change to that helmet full-time.

3. Illinois: Love the use of the zig-zag pattern. I really like their current uniforms, but I wish they would have went with something like this instead. You get a little boost for going with blue as the primary.

4. Kentucky: Simple but good. I like how the checkerboard is subtle and only between the stripes. The alternate helmet doesn't really do much for me though.

5. Missouri: Another uniform where I love the shade of gold chosen. Black/black/gold for Mizzou is one of the best uniform combos in the country. Not huge on the helmet stripe or that little bit on the pants, but I think it looks really good on the jerseys, especially the road. I would've gone with a gold third jersey, but the black-on-black look isn't bad. I just think the helmet design is a little too out there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived