2016 MLB All-Star Game... San Diego

bartodell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brown could be an interesting color scheme for the game. Ugly, but interesting.

As I suggested in the Padres thread...

2016: BP uniforms brown (AL) and yellow (NL)

2017: Padres switch to blue and red

They'll embrace the uniqueness for two days and then do their best to be forgotten.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Why is it being played in an NL park 2 years in a row?

Depends on who you ask. Angelos got problems. MLB said they never filed proper paperwork for submission. Either way, it just never looked likely that Camden was going to get it and MLB says Padres submitted a great proposal so they gave it to them

Go A's!

I think Brown uniforms for one team and Yellow for the other would be an interesting look. I feel like All Star games are one event where you can be unorthodox/experimental with uniforms, and If it doesn't work, then well, it'll be unique at the very least.

If they decide to experiment and be Padreish then this has the potential to be a memorably ugly All Star game, but we'll see.

ICXC NIKA

Depends on who you ask. Angelos got problems. MLB said they never filed proper paperwork for submission. Either way, it just never looked likely that Camden was going to get it and MLB says Padres submitted a great proposal so they gave it to them
This will put it back to the normal rotation, since the NL hosted two in a row a while back, too. It mostly has to do with who has new ballparks that need to be rewarded.

The reality is... NL and AL are not as separate as they once were.

This will put it back to the normal rotation, since the NL hosted two in a row a while back, too. It mostly has to do with who has new ballparks that need to be rewarded.

The reality is... NL and AL are not as separate as they once were.

I honestly don't care if the NL hosts twice in a row. I really don't. But in theory, if the game "counts" they should do their best to alternate. Of course then they should also dump the "one per team" rule and fan voting so I guess the "integrity of the 'it counts'" ship has sailed.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

But playing in the NL park means consecutive years under the NL rule, right? I think that's the only major difference

Yeah...it's really nothing I suppose.

POTD (Shared)

But playing in the NL park means consecutive years under the NL rule, right? I think that's the only major difference

Yeah...it's really nothing I suppose.

Actually they use the DH in NL parks for All-Star games now.

I don't know how true it is, but I read that Baltimore lost any chance they had to host because of the MASN dispute between the Orioles and Nationals.

Nope, they've been using the DH in all games since 2010 I think.

The talk is 2017 will be Miami, unless Baltimore gets things squared away.

I'm pretty sure Baltimore Orioles is going to get the 2017 ASG

Now that I think about it they should've award the Cubs the 2014 ASG to celebrate Wrigley Field 100 anniversary and the Twins host 2015

Wrigley's not ready. Cubs wanted renovations done, and they just finally started this offseason. No bleachers until May.

Archived