2015 NCAA Football Thread

DarkJourney

So Maryland just hired Mike Locksley to coach their football team. This is the same guy who went 2-26 at New Mexico, which was his only stint as a head coach. Does Maryland just hate their football program that much?

Isn't he just an interim coach promoted from offensive coordinator?

I was under the assumption he was full time, that's great news if he isn't. Even then, he'd be the last guy I would trust with my football team.

He's the interim.

He's also probably one of the best recruiters in the country when it comes to DC/Northern Virginia, so that's one mark in his favor.

Muschamp was a great recuiter too and we all know how that turned out.

Gene Chizik was 5-16 at Iowa State.

Auburn hired him away from ISU and they won the national championship.

He won it when they had cam newton and gus malzahn, then crapped the bed after they left and got promptly fired. I doubt gene had much to do with that championship at all.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So assuming Notre Dame beats Temple next Saturday night, I would imagine that Temple will drop in the rankings.

But why? Isn't a 11 ranked team supposed to beat a 22 ranked team? If that 22 ranked team plays horribly, and a team ranked below them plays great, then OK I kinda get it, but I don't understand why teams almost always drop after losing to higher-ranked teams.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So assuming Notre Dame beats Temple next Saturday night, I would imagine that Temple will drop in the rankings.

But why? Isn't a 11 ranked team supposed to beat a 22 ranked team? If that 22 ranked team plays horribly, and a team ranked below them plays great, then OK I kinda get it, but I don't understand why teams almost always drop after losing to higher-ranked teams.

Because right now Temple's claim to fame is the fact that they're unbeaten. If they lose? Then they're a 1-loss mid-major who's best win is against either Penn State or East Carolina. I'll let you be the judge or whether that is a Top 25 team or not.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

A JUCO game ended in a brawl. And they didn't even get to complete a half of play.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13951460/mississippi-junior-college-football-game-ends-fight-breaks-out

Sorry, no youtube videos yet.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Becuase Temple hasn't beaten anyone other than Penn State. If they finish 11-1 they probably still get a spot in the top 25, but losing to notre dame, unless it's an extremely close game that goes right down to the wire, probably gets them out of the rankings, and deservedly so.

The only rankings which matter for Temple (and every other team) do not start until November 3.

Miami deserves better than this.

(And you know, Clemson is pretty good but keep it on the down low.)

You know, that Clemson team is pretty good... oh, wait. This is jinxing them, isn't it?

Seems like Baylor could score 100 points every game. Why aren't they ranked #1?

Every year in CFB there's some offensive juggernaut that seems unstoppable, and everybody thinks they've reinvented the game. Last year it was the Ducks. And every year, that team gets to the bowl season, sometimes even the championship. And that's when a team that isn't trying to reinvent football... just trying to play it the way its always been played but play it that way really really well, shuts that offensive juggernaut down. Don't be surprised when it happens again.

Archived