mbannon92

I have to disagree with y'all on the alternate...I think the strong blue contrast plenty with the navy, especially with the red-orange trim. I also wanted to leave white off that set so the strong blue and red-orange could really pop off the navy.

Nice template. Where did you get that, mbannon92?

I took tbdaniel's template (which you can find here) and made some modifications to it and created the shorts from scratch.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

By the way, nice work with your concepts. =D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice work, as always, mbannon.

For the OKC Alt, why not try flipping the colors on the wordmark and the numbers?

I'll definitely go back and do that. Might be the perfect solution to keep whiteless color scheme and improve readability.

Can't wait wait for the raptors

I completely forgot about the Raptors! I'll have to work on them next.

Nice work. I agree, I like that you didn't use white on the alternate. But did you try using the red-orange for the wordmark and numbers and the light blue as the trim? I'm not sure if that would necessarily look better but it was he first thing that came to mind. I'm not crazy about that particular OKC wordmark on the alternate. The perspective just seems odd on a uniform. I wonder if you could make the numbers match the perspective of the wordmark? That may or may not look completely silly but it's just another idea.

I will say it's amazing how much cleaner OKC could look without both red-orange and yellow.

As I said above, I'll try flipping the colors on the alt. I'm also not a fan of the OKC wordmark—or any of the Thunder's brand elements for that matter—but I wanted to work with them and try to at least make the uniforms better. And I agree that getting rid of the yellow trim helps. Four colors is one too many.

Maybe you could use yellow to lighten up the alt. It is one of their colors, after all.

See the above quote reply...I wanted to get rid of it in the jersey design, as it's just too much IMO. I would personally get rid of yellow in the logo, too.

I decided against changing the alternate for OKC. I tried an orange wordmark with strong blue trim and it just didn't look right, on top of the readability not being improved much.

However...I do have a concept for the Raptors! The uniforms are sort of a compromise between new and old. The jerseys feature the new typeface used in the primary logo, arched in the same way as the logo. I though it gave the uniforms a cool, old-school, Hoosiers vibe. The numbers are custom, based on the wordmarks. The jagged pinstripes from the Raptors first uniforms return, with three of them on each side of the jersey, similar to how the Hornets brought back their multicolored pinstripes. The alternate Drake uniform is black like the road, but with a different design. A gold yoke and large gold blocks on the shorts offer more of a color balance, while the original pinstripes are featured in their original form, but in shiny black material. I used a straight wordmark on the front and chose "Toronto" over "Raptors", as I see this jersey being worn at home a lot during "We The North" promotions. So I wanted the jersey to have that city pride element.

The court features a black OOB and silver lanes, to differentiate from the Spurs and Nets. Red lines give the court some pop, and a jagged pinstripe surrounds the "We The North" logo on the bottom sideline.

pQgUnKb.png?2

0tvVDDh.png

As a Torontonian, I love this Toronto concept, but I think the wordmarks on the home and away look too SemiCircle ish. Maybe lighten up on the curve. Another thing is, add some more red onto the home and away, and try out a purple throwback (?). Other than that, looks good!

^^By that logic it looks like the Spurs, Bulls, Blazers, and Suns courts too. Literally the only similarity between his court and the Nets' court is the black OOB area. Unlike the Nets' court, his is two-toned, has a grey paint area, and does not feature a herringbone pattern. Oh and also it has red lines rather than white.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

You might want to fix the arch. As is, it make the wordmark look lower than it is. Other than that, good job.

As a Torontonian, I love this Toronto concept, but I think the wordmarks on the home and away look too SemiCircle ish. Maybe lighten up on the curve. Another thing is, add some more red onto the home and away, and try out a purple throwback (?). Other than that, looks good!

Personally I'm a fan of the look, so I'll see if I can get some more opinions. If everyone hates it, I'll go back and tweak the arch.

The Raptors court you have there looks a little too Brooklyn Nets-y to me. I know that you are working with the logo you have been given, but just because their logo looks like a ripoff of the Nets doesn't mean their court should have to.

^^By that logic it looks like the Spurs, Bulls, Blazers, and Suns courts too. Literally the only similarity between his court and the Nets' court is the black OOB area. Unlike the Nets' court, his is two-toned, has a grey paint area, and does not feature a herringbone pattern. Oh and also it has red lines rather than white.

upperV03 nailed it. Also, I specifically said when I posted the concept that I went with a grey lane do differentiate from the other teams with mostly black courts.

• 1 month later...

So, I did a Clippers concept a couple years back that was an update of their original logo, making it look more like an actual clipper ship. But with the recent leaks of their new, cringeworthy identity, and the opinion of several members that ship imagery isn't the way to go, I decided to go back and take a different direction.

I struck a middle ground on the colors, going with the current red and the powder blue used by the LA Stars of the ABA. For the primary logo I went with a ship wheel with arched "Los Angeles" and "Clippers" scripts and an abstract ocean beneath it, filling the bottom half of the wheel. The secondary is just the ship wheel, with the interior forming a basketball with alternating white and powder blue panels. I also created an "LAC" logo, which resembles the new leaked mark more than the current. This is the one part of the identity I'm not sure about, so if anyone has suggestions speak up!

I chose Brothers for the wordmark...I know this font has become slightly overused, but I felt that it really fit well with the nautical theme. Also, it's a good font, so it's not a bad thing that it's popular IMO. The elongated Ls are an homage to the LA Stars, whose "Los Angeles" wordmark had a similar look. I think it adds some nice character to the otherwise simple wordmarks.

The uniforms are fairly simple, and were based on the Stars Uniforms. Double striped, crew neck collars with matching cuffs and a thick stripe down each side of the uniform. The shorts feature the LAC logo on one leg, and "LAC" spelled out in two-tone maritime flags on the other. I love them on their current powder blue alt, but I don't like that they're in non-team colors. All the maritime flags have a different design, so the meaning isn't lost.

Not much to say about the court--pretty similar to their current one, but with the new colors and marks.

E9nECwy.png?2

C1tXhhK.png?1

lV26SAh.png

I love your Hawks concepts! I think the Thunder unis are pretty good too. I really like your Clippers primary logo. I'm concerned your Clippers secondary logo is too similar to the Pelicans' secondary.

ujsignature.png

I'd suggest you add an outline to the light blue alt's wordmark, but that Clips set is beautiful.

As a Raptor fan, your design is okay. I don't like the arch on the letters, not enough pinstripes IMO and the alt is highly similar to the old Wizards one.

That OKC set is okay. Not the best, nor the worst I've seen for them. I like what you were going for, but the execution is lacking.

Love that Hawks set. Everything about it is ideal.

I love your Hawks concepts! I think the Thunder unis are pretty good too. I really like your Clippers primary logo. I'm concerned your Clippers secondary logo is too similar to the Pelicans' secondary.

When I came up with the idea I immediately thought about that Pelicans logo...it doesn't really make sense for the Pelicans though. I suppose in my world I would just phase that logo out for New Orleans and let the Clippers own the nautical/ship wheel theme.

Anyone else care to comment? The crickets seem to be out in full force...

Archived