Milwaukee Bucks (updated 5/4/15 - alternates added)

j'villejags

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a Bucks concept I've been working on. What do you think? C&C are always welcome.

irf2CS.png

MAcrMl.png

Credit to Trent Daniels for the template.

I really don't think frogs fit the Bucks' idenity but I like the color scheme.

Just found out that some people posted this on Twitter thinking this was the new uniforms. I shared the link and told the it was yours.

If the orange is indeed included and not an April Fools joke, I think this will be the way they go. Simplicity/retro seems to be the trend in the NBA these days and this is certainly a good representation of the times in the Association.

However, I believe their numbers will look more like a combination of the University of Minnesota Football and Minnesota Vikings fonts based on the image they shared mentioning the game Wednesday night at halftime.

Nice. Thanks for giving me credit for it. I agree with you on the numbers.

Here's another update of my first color scheme. I've added the new logo and an Irish Rainbow. Also fixed the backwards NBA logo.

47wNO8.png
POCV7X.png

This is really beautiful, and if I were in charge, this would go into production tomorrow. The colors seem like they were meant for each other. The cursive is a great touch. I like the side rainbows, not just because of nostalgia, but it also has a tie-in to Marquette, intended or not.

LOVE THE COLOR SCHEME, FONTS, EVERYTHING!

Great work.

87Redskins.png

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I don't post many concepts but this has definitely been my most well-received.

Wow, a great series, I really hope the Bucks roll out something similar. What font is that you used for the script?

I used a font called Aktuelle. It's great for scripts and worked really well for what I wanted to do with this set. (I did have to warp/distort/skew it to get it looking how I wanted it on the jersey.)

http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/aktuelle.html

I'm still working on a new version with the new logos, wordmarks, and color scheme. So I'll be posting an update in this thread at some point. Sorry to keep everyone waiting.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an update with the new colors and wordmarks. I loosely based it on what I could pull from this:

CCj4kbdUEAA71wb.jpg

Home set:

MilwaukeeBucks02.png

Away set:

MilwaukeeBucks00.png

Here's a white version of the home set. I like how it looks with the green/blue but am not sure how I feel about it paired with cream.

MilwaukeeBucks03.png

I plan on adding a black alternate for this set as well.

Thoughts? C&C always welcome.

P.S. -- Sorry for all my crashed links in this thread. I'm not sure what happened to them but I won't be using ImageShack anymore.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Here's an update with the new colors and wordmarks. I loosely based it on what I could pull from this:

CCj4kbdUEAA71wb.jpg

Home set:

MilwaukeeBucks02.png

Away set:

MilwaukeeBucks00.png

Here's a white version of the home set. I like how it looks with the green/blue but am not sure how I feel about it paired with cream.

MilwaukeeBucks03.png

I plan on adding a black alternate for this set as well.

Thoughts? C&C always welcome.

P.S. -- Sorry for all my crashed links in this thread. I'm not sure what happened to them but I won't be using ImageShack anymore.

If they end up doing jerseys like this, it would make me soooo happy. It has the potential of being a classic.

Great job.

Also why not try adding a blue alt as well as the black, so we see how that looks.

Not bad at all. I'm really curious how they will incorporate blue into the mix, if at all. You did a great job with it here. Apparently the jury is still out on weather or not there will actually be a cream set. Frankly, from your work here, I think these new colors look much better against the cream then they do the white. Can't wait for your rendering of a black set!

Was not a fan of the new logo/identity when it was unveiled but when matched up with these uniforms, I've changed my mind. You've tied the brand together spectacularly and I very much appreciate the liberal use of "great lakes blue." 5 star work!

Thanks guys! :D

I like the suggestions. I'm planning on making a blue alternate and using the state logo in place of the Buck on the shorts for it. I plan to use tbdaniel's other template to get a different collar. The collars in the photo all seem to be more of a V-neck than a traditional collar. I am also going to try to incorporate their new shade of black into these uniforms. I'm afraid it's going to muddy up the look so I'm a little worried about it but I'm going to experiment with adding black into these. (In addition to a black alternate.)

Here's a couple alternates using the same design. (I still plan on reworking these if I get more time to work on them. I'm just not sure if I will before the big reveal.)

bucksinblue.png

I had initially tried to use cream instead of the green for the trim but it took away from the blue. I might switch it back if these don't go over well. :P

bucksinblack.png

C&C always welcome.

For the black, I would strongly suggest you make the trim green, and make the letters either green with cream outlines or vice versa. The blue looks much better as a very small accent color, so I would limit that to small areas of the black uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived