2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Lucic might be on his way to the Kings for LA's first and a couple prospects.

Not that I'd look forward to playing against Lucic, but Ha!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Boston would have the 13th, 14th, and 15th overall picks this year. They could load up on good prospects with that, or they could package and try to move up into the top 10 or even top 5, although I don't know what players they have left that they could do that besides Krug, Rask, or Marchand.

Martin Jones and Colin Miller are going to Boston with the 13th pick.

In terms of the cap, they're not going to have to worry about extending Jones now and apparently the club put its own suspension on Voynov citing that the torn Achilles happened in a non hockey related skate so he won't count against the cap for the foreseeable future. I'm sure also they'll dangle Richards again.

EDIT: also hearing this probably marks the end for Williams.

VmWIn6B.png

The Lehner trade and the Evander Kane trade... you come out of both feeling uneasy. Yeah, if these guys turn out to be what they could be, the deals will be worth it hands-down. It's far from certain, though. If things go wrong, Tim Murray's not going to look good coming out of it. They're not the kind of deals where you look back and think, "Yeah, can't blame him. Lots of people would have done the same thing."

So the Sabres are planning on a Robin Lehner/Chad Johnson goaltending tandem next year? I know they weren't gonna be Cup contenders, but I thought this was the year where they started taking things seriously!

Martin Jones and Colin Miller are going to Boston with the 13th pick.

In terms of the cap, they're not going to have to worry about extending Jones now and apparently the club put its own suspension on Voynov citing that the torn Achilles happened in a non hockey related skate so he won't count against the cap for the foreseeable future. I'm sure also they'll dangle Richards again.

EDIT: also hearing this probably marks the end for Williams.

Justin Williams doesn't necessarily need to move. There's another team in SoCal that could use help in Game 7s, has plenty of cap space, and is also losing a second line winger to free agency. That'd be interesting.

I'm reading that Colorado and Buffalo are talking about an O'Rilley trade.

Yeah, McKenzie and Dreger are close to confirming it on the NBCSN coverage. (Also, good for you, NBC. You very own NHL draft coverage. Growing up right before our eyes.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived