2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

God knows they have the cap space to do it, but as long as he doesn't get stupid David Clarkson money, that's a solid move for the Ducks. I wonder who they'll add with their buckets of space. The free agency market sucks, but the trade market is ripe.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the Ducks have always had an internal cap under the current owners, so I don't know how much space they actually have.

And, I haven't seen anything here about it, but the Ducks will have "tagging" problems next offseason because of a lot of players getting off entry level deals and lower contracts, so I don't know how much they'll want to spend this year.

I had never heard of tagging before, but it's basically you can't have more money commited to the next season than the current season's salary cap and you only have a certain amount of money based on how many contracts are expiring.... Or something.

"What it really comes down to, it's a combination of expiring contracts and the cap room that you have," McNab said. "That gives you a pot of money. We have a lot of players whose contracts are expiring that don't equal a lot of money. That gives you an amount of money that you can spend on extending players out. Let's say you have $20 million in expiring contracts, you can extend X amount of players by $20 million dollars out over the season. But that's starting July 1, all the way up to next June 30."

I don't entirely get it.

IbjBaeE.png

With a championship window open and presumably a lot of revenue coming in off last year, they'd be stupid not to load up. I fully expect them to offer-sheet Brandon Saad.

If this was a UFA situation, the only team I'd worry about Saad going to is Pittsburgh, but I'm doubting he'll even see an offer sheet. Bowman is probably already drawing up a bridge contract, but I'm just pissing into the wind here. He's not going anywhere.

Richards will probably be back on a similar, if not smaller 1 year deal. Kruger will get a modest raise. Sharp reportedly will be out sometime this week. Seabrook is a coin flip. Bickell's money will hopefully be off the books to help them out, but he's an anchor that'll require something actually tangible like a Raanta or Sharp.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Reading about what a leader Seabrook is in the dressing room and the fact that we only have three veteran defensemen under contract, I'm going to say Seabrook is safe for the time being. I know he's frustrating at times, but I don't want a blue line full of rookies.

Hey, so, random thought: Is Scott Darling a former CCSLCer? There used to be a poster on here who was a goalie and who played for Team Illinois AAA - which Darling also played for. And Darling's pads give the impression of someone who likes the aesthetics of the game.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There was definitely that goalie for the Sharks who posted here. I don't remember an Illinois goalie posting here. I'm like two degrees of separation from Scott Darling myself, though -- he played on a junior team with an old next-door neighbor of mine.

In a good example of learning how to suck less, San Jose has finally dropped both Scotts - Hannan and goal-scoring phenom John - off the roster and jettisoned bag of excrement Adam Burish along side them. Puzzling why it took them so long to make these necessary moves, but as DW can tell you, coke is a hell of a drug.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Hey, so, random thought: Is Scott Darling a former CCSLCer? There used to be a poster on here who was a goalie and who played for Team Illinois AAA - which Darling also played for. And Darling's pads give the impression of someone who likes the aesthetics of the game.

That's Troy Grosenick of the Sharks.

I saw a buddy play against Team Illinois in high school so I may have actually seen him play without realizing it.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Mike Ribeiro is a festering pile of sub-humanity who uses his insatiable thirst for drugs as an excuse for sexually assaulting his 18-year-old nanny as she lay in a bed next to his children.

I was just going to post this, maybe not it the same tone though.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2015/6/19/8812037/mike-ribeiro-sexual-assault-case-details-allegations

Perds gonna Perd

Actually, this is one time you want to use "pred" instead of "perd."

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Apparently Ribeiro told Poile all this stuff and Poile signed him anyway. Let that be the end of the Nashville Predators as the official team of God, Country, and Apple Pie.

"Fingers only, bro. Totally doesn't count."

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Beleskey is expected to re-sign with the Ducks prior to July 1 per Craig Custance and Dave Nonis is expected to join the Ducks as a senior advisor per Steve Simmons.

Scratch that.

(Reportedly) Beleskey is going free agency after immediately rejecting a (reported) 4yr/4mill contract.

As much as I like Beleskey, a player coming off a career high total of 32 points commanding north of 4M doesn't bode well for the strong FA pool this year.

Clarkson 2.0?

IbjBaeE.png

Oh my Lord. Where did you get that photo.

Archived