2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors abound that Carolina's dealing the #5 pick and Semin to Toronto for a PTBNL and the 24th overall pick. Sounds like an awful exchange just to dump a terrible contract.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Rumors abound that Carolina's dealing the #5 pick and Semin to Toronto for a PTBNL and the 24th overall pick. Sounds like an awful exchange just to dump a terrible contract.

I've heard the same rumours saying one or two of Kessel/Kadri going into that deal. But they're coming from pretty bunk sources, there's probably nothing in this.

Carolina should be trading #5 for Winnipeg's two picks. The Hurricanes have a barren farm system and the Jets could use an immediate contributor more than Carolina.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That Timonen-to-Chicago trade looks pretty good for the Flyers right now. Two 2nds for a retiring player with blood clots that still doesn't have a point this season (31 games including playoffs)

(Yeah I know...Chicago's going for another Cup, so who cares)

I was just thinking this exact scenario the other day. Just about anyone in the top 7 or so have the ability to step right into an NHL lineup, so why not package those two picks (and maybe Enstrom, he's just not a western conference guy) for a top 7 pick?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Enstrom would also help to address Carolina's terrible blue line. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but Karmanos is less than brainless.

Enstrom used to have his girlfriends (yes, multiple) sit in different sections of the arena....I wonder if that tradition continued in Winnipeg....

I honestly don't see what this has to do with anything, yet you bring things like this up on a fairly regular basis.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Enstrom used to have his girlfriends (yes, multiple) sit in different sections of the arena....I wonder if that tradition continued in Winnipeg....

I honestly don't see what this has to do with anything, yet you bring things like this up on a fairly regular basis.

1. It's a side-bar comment about something that's part of the current discussion, a factoid that for obvious reasons wasn't made public knowledge. Should Chipper Jones or Bob Huggins or Michael Irvin or Jason Arnott or whoever else be brought up, I got some off-the-record remarks about them, too. Been a part of many "right time" situations.

2. Because it amused me?

Maury Brown, Forbes contributor, seems to think that a relocation could be possible by the end of June

The only at all realistic option right now would probably be Florida or Carolina heading to QC (Even with the CAD, it's the only place, maybe other than Hamilton, with an arena and any interest in an NHL team.)

Still a small unsubstantiated rumour at this point, but we know at least one relocation is probably going to happen in the next few years in this NHL.

I don't think there's a chance that the Leafs would take back Semin in a deal. Stranger things have happened though.

He's got only three years left on his contract, so I'd be perfectly okay with taking on his contract for the next few years since we don't need that cap room anyways.

I'm hearing it's more and more likely that Phoenix passes over Hanifin, which is disappointing, since that means the Leafs will likely take him. Not that I have anything against the guy, but I'd much rather have a "good ol' Southern Ontario boy" who grew up a Leafs fan, has size, and plays forward. And, while the Carolina deal is just speculation, if the Leafs managed to take two of those players at 4 and 5, I will squeal like a little girl.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It should be QC but I have a feeling it will still be Seattle. The NHL seems to have no interest in QC as an option for expansion or relocation.

**if this rumor is indeed true...

I wouldn't go that far. In fact, I'd say today the NHL might have a strong interest in bringing a franchise back to QC, it's just not the most financially viable option right now.

With the new arena and existing support, I'd imagine the league will shift a lot of attention to Quebec when the dollar starts to rebound.

I don't think there's a chance that the Leafs would take back Semin in a deal. Stranger things have happened though.

He's got only three years left on his contract, so I'd be perfectly okay with taking on his contract for the next few years since we don't need that cap room anyways.

I'm hearing it's more and more likely that Phoenix passes over Hanifin, which is disappointing, since that means the Leafs will likely take him. Not that I have anything against the guy, but I'd much rather have a "good ol' Southern Ontario boy" who grew up a Leafs fan, has size, and plays forward. And, while the Carolina deal is just speculation, if the Leafs managed to take two of those players at 4 and 5, I will squeal like a little girl.

I think Marner is the guy for the Leafa unless Arizona takes him. I'm praying they take Strome, and leave Marner for the Leafs, he's turn into what Gilmour was in 93 and oddly enough wears the same number.

untitled-6.jpg

Strome will go to Phoenix, Marner to Toronto. Hanifin will go fifth whether it's to Carolina (Rutherford is gone, they can draft d-men now) or whoever gets their pick (should be Winnipeg, as we outlined). Gabriel Carlsson to Jersey.

Archived