2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't wait to see Oates fussing with Joe Thornton: no, no, no, you're lacing your skates all wrong! This simply won't do!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

According to Babcock's own quotes...

There is no better job than head coach of the Wings, but he has a better chance to win in Toronto?

The sour grapes towards Babcock by Detroit fans on sports talk radio has been great and how bad will he get booed in Buffalo?

Also Bylsma to Buffalo seems like a smart idea now.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

The comment that made the most sense regarding the Sharks situation came from FTF where one poster wrote something akin to this: I really believe from his last comments that Plattner believes this team should be in the playoffs next year and thinks DW should get them there. Therefore, if they make an awful hire like Oates or Carlyle, DW likely gets cans, in addition to whatever coached ends up getting chosen. So if your goal is to change culture and get some fresh blood in San Jose, that's one way of doing it.

Do I think it's gonna fall like that? Possibly. I think McLellan was the scapegoat for the laughing stock that was this season and with the pool including Bylsma and DeBoer for replacements, I'm not optimistic about them being relevant again for another three years or so, which saddens me, but sports aren't fair, so there.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

The comment that made the most sense regarding the Sharks situation came from FTF where one poster wrote something akin to this: I really believe from his last comments that Plattner believes this team should be in the playoffs next year and thinks DW should get them there. Therefore, if they make an awful hire like Oates or Carlyle, DW likely gets cans, in addition to whatever coached ends up getting chosen. So if your goal is to change culture and get some fresh blood in San Jose, that's one way of doing it.

A better way would have been to change the culture right damn now -- you should have done this a year ago, if not earlier -- rather than putter around for another year of maybe being in it if everything breaks right. No, Hasso, the Sharks shouldn't make the playoffs next year, and setting someone up to fail for a year isn't going to help the organization in any way. If you think Doug Wilson has screwed things up and will only screw things up more, GET RID OF HIM NOW. Truth is, the Sharks probably signed their death warrant when they extended Thornton and Marleau past any sane expectation of a window. They've made a complete hash of things.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Leafs were actually offering ten, but Babs wouldn't do it. Apparently Buffalo's offer was very similar to Toronto's, in terms of both length and money.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The Leafs were actually offering ten, but Babs wouldn't do it. Apparently Buffalo's offer was very similar to Torontos, in terms of both length and money.

But the Leafs guaranteed a longer Summer break. FOLKS!

PvO6ZWJ.png

From what I heard on Toronto sports radio..

- If the Red Wings really wanted to keep Babcock, the money would not have been an issue. Something to the effect of one of them, I forget which, asking the other if there were 10 more years available to stay with Detroit... to which there wasn't the cash offered nor the desire for such a long term contract.

- Sabres reportedly offered 10yr deal with a few less dollars. Babcock reportedly said to Tim Murray that it came down to a family discussion - aka guess they'd rather relocate to Toronto for 5+ years than Buffalo.

- Babcock half jokingly suggested that if the Leafs wanted him for 10yrs instead of just 8, he'd stick around?? I don't know if that meant much more money or just wanting to make sure their on-ice plans had time to come together.

Sadly for Leaf fans, word already is they might not even deal any players, same as last summer, just to see how they fit with Babcock. To which I say WTF? Bunch of proven quitters, get rid of the deadwood.

Their argument - Carlyle was fired when the team was essentially a playoff/borderline playoff team, one that collapsed late the year previous, & collapsed the playoff 3yrs ago now.

gaoeijaigjraibjgareio ;mjg;oirgma;o,

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Just watched the full presser... the Buffalo media guys asking him about being painted a liar was pretty classy.

f'n Buffalo. When Babcock mentioned his wife & he had talked about moving to a downtown once their kids moved out, which is now 2015, I don't think they had downtown Buffalo instead of a Toronto in mind.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

And really, what else can you say?

(About Bettman I mean...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

And really, what else can you say?

(About Bettman I mean...)

I guess Derek Boogaard just overdosed on painkillers and alcohol naturally. Apparently Roger Goodell has competition for the title of Worst Professional Sports Commissioner.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Archived