2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

MacLennan to Edmonton.

I heard they were signing Todd McLellan.

But I guess Jamie McLennan might have learned some stuff at TSN/NHL Network. Paul MacLean is out there too.

:upside:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Babcock goes of course I want him in Toronto. But I really just cannot grasp what would posses him to even consider the Sabres? With McDavid different story, but like really? Detroit will ways trump Buffalo.

There's going to be a giant check in Buffalo, and with less wackiness than in Toronto. Plus, they're ready to start improving in a big way right now. Toronto is probably not done being bad, and he may think Detroit's window is closing.
The check will be equal or greater in Toronto or Detroit. His legacy won't mean much more of anything by winning in Buffalo.

are you kidding? Buffalo famously hasn't won anything since the Bills in the early 60's. If he brings a championship to that city they'll love him forever.

Yes the city would love him, but you can't honestly think winning in Buffalo can out do winning in Toronto.

untitled-6.jpg

As far as Babcock goes of course I want him in Toronto. But I really just cannot grasp what would posses him to even consider the Sabres? With McDavid different story, but like really? Detroit will ways trump Buffalo.

There's going to be a giant check in Buffalo, and with less wackiness than in Toronto. Plus, they're ready to start improving in a big way right now. Toronto is probably not done being bad, and he may think Detroit's window is closing.
The check will be equal or greater in Toronto or Detroit. His legacy won't mean much more of anything by winning in Buffalo.

are you kidding? Buffalo famously hasn't won anything since the Bills in the early 60's. If he brings a championship to that city they'll love him forever.

Yes the city would love him, but you can't honestly think winning in Buffalo can out do winning in Toronto.

No, but people wouldn't be jumping out of windows anytime they lose a game.

MacLennan to Edmonton.

I heard they were signing Todd McLellan.

But I guess Jamie McLennan might have learned some stuff at TSN/NHL Network. Paul MacLean is out there too.

:upside:

Maybe they can sign Old MacDonald for the farm team...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You're all waiting with bated breath. The Blue Jackets have named a captain for the first time since trading Rick Nash.

Nick Foligno will be the guy to lift the cup in a Blue Jackets sweater.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Babcock to Leafs, 8 year deal. Big bucks.

Sources say Mike Babcock has been hired by the Maple Leafs. Mammoth 8 yr contract believed to be around $50 million.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sources say Mike Babcock has been hired by the Maple Leafs. Mammoth 8 yr contract believed to be around $50 million.

God :censored: dammit....

Remember when people actually wanted to come to Detroit teams instead of leaving them as soon as possible? First Max $cherzer, then Ndamukong $uh, and now Babcock. At least he brought Detroit a championship before he left (something $cherzer and $uh failed to do). Good luck Babcock, up yours, $uh and $cherzer.

P.S.: The Leafs suck.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Welp, I knew Babcock would be staying in the division, just hoped it wasn't for the Leafs.

It's not like he'll jump in and make the Leafs a playoff team right away though, watch for some Leafs fans calling for him to be sacked within 18 months.

As for Babcock, I could see this being really good for the Leafs. It's hard to say just yet though. No matter who they hire, it normally ends the same way almost all the time.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

God :censored: dammit....

Remember when people actually wanted to come to Detroit teams instead of leaving them as soon as possible? First Max $cherzer, then Ndamukong $uh, and now Babcock. At least he brought Detroit a championship before he left (something $cherzer and $uh failed to do). Good luck Babcock, up yours, $uh and $cherzer.

P.S.: The Leafs suck.

Welp, I knew Babcock would be staying in the division, just hoped it wasn't for the Leafs.

It's not like he'll jump in and make the Leafs a playoff team right away though, watch for some Leafs fans calling for him to be sacked within 18 months.

mapleleafs-2010-logo-1-dark_zpsqojlt0cw.

So Buffalo has lost out on Babcock, McLellan, and presumably Blashill. Do they give Paul MacLean another shot, or does he abhor youth too much to take the job? Is Bylsma a lock for New Jersey? Do they dare give Hitchcock one last gig?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived