2015 NHL Golf Thread

BigBubba

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z8sbKvX.jpg

I think they were trying to be inspiring here, but they ended up with the least inspiring cover in recent memory. No one not that into hockey will be buying this game for its cover, that's for sure.

It's the beards.

I like that the NHL is different and does an award show (and was doing one long before the NFL started it, as evidenced by the hideous video dfwabel posted), but man, it's a hard watch. They don't get the celebrity pull that other shows get for a host (although, I usually like Rob Riggle), presenters, and music. We all know hockey players are some of the most uninteresting guys, let alone public speakers, on the planet.

It's just hard.

And that NHL16 cover looks like a bad fan photoshop. It's not an action shot. It's a posed shot with Toews/Kane standing and wearing hats (even the Cup doesn't save this photo). It doesn't appear to be all that touched up, definitely not stylized. And it's two guys that have already been on the cover, now just standing next to each other.

Were they going to use anybody who won the Cup? Were they going to just use an old Kane/Toews photo? Will the new versions of the game not be stripped down of features and suck? (although, I'm still probably going to upgrade my system and get the new game, because, dammit, I can't quit you NHL...)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Z8sbKvX.jpg

I think they were trying to be inspiring here, but they ended up with the least inspiring cover in recent memory. No one not that into hockey will be buying this game for its cover, that's for sure.

Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Toews is only good because of Kane is only good because of Marcus Kruger.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I like that the NHL is different and does an award show (and was doing one long before the NFL started it, as evidenced by the hideous video dfwabel posted), but man, it's a hard watch. They don't get the celebrity pull that other shows get for a host (although, I usually like Rob Riggle), presenters, and music. We all know hockey players are some of the most uninteresting guys, let alone public speakers, on the planet.

I haven't watched them since I was a kid. Now it's like watching paint dry.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Could the NHL Awards be any more of a hacky event?

Yes.

20 years ago.

http://deadspin.com/remember-the-90s-im-sorry-1713464374

Jesus.

I think the most disappointing thing about that video is that someone didn't accidentally knock over the Jennings Trophy with a twirling stick or a break dance move.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

I like it its a good way to announce award winners.

Im glad the NFL does it now and MLB and NBA should follow suit

The way the NBA does it is the worst its leaked first and done so randomly during the playoffs.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is it me, or does it look like there's no way they could support the weight of the Cup with how they're holding it?

Abd lol at Randy Carlyle getting a third-place vote for the Jack Adams.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Could the NHL Awards be any more of a hacky event?

Yes.

20 years ago.

http://deadspin.com/remember-the-90s-im-sorry-1713464374

I remember being 15 and watching that awards show and being so pissed that the dancer were wearing hacked up NHL jerseys

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Lehner and Legwand went to Buffalo for the 21st overall pick.

The only reason I wouldn't like this trade is that I have a Lehner sweater, but the value was higher than I expected for a concussed, underdeveloping young goalie. Legwand is essentially just a salary dump.

The Sharks tweeted a photo of their draft table and in the background someone pointed out that the Blue Jackets and Maple Leafs switched places on the draft board.

HMMMMMM.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived