MLB Rivalry Classics: Battle of Boston: Braves vs. Red Sox

Discrim

Once upon a time, the Hub City was home of the Red Stockings Beaneaters Doves Pilgrims Rustlers Braves Bees Braves.

bosbravesrivalry.png

Both uniforms in the set are somewhat loosely based on the uniforms worn by 1914's Miracle Braves, though instead of the block B and completely red chief on the sleeve of the originals, I used the B from the Braves script and the more colorful Indian of the 40s. Also a B on each cap (the originals were logo-free), with the home cap's B being white trimmed in red to separate itself at least somewhat from the Red Sox. Yes, the blue-gray with red pinstripes actually happened. And was worn for more than one season. Mindblowing, I know.

Up the road from Third Base to Huntington, they sang another victory song...

redsoxrivalry.png

The grays are a loose nod to the Huntington Avenue era, when there was a BA (the A being for American League) on the chest. The whites, meanwhile, are a nod to the first Red Sox uniform from 1908. Hey, what can I say, so I've posted a similar jersey before...why mess with a winning formula? :D

Saturday will see the release of the NYC trio.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks...for the hell of it, I'll give a brief description of what's coming...and then leave things to your imagination for a little while :P

Dodgers: oddly enough, their set's more pinstripe heavy than the Yankees are.

Giants: there is a loose John McGraw tribute. Anyone who's ever frequented Dressed to the Nines can probably guess what it is.

Yankees: there's a bit of red involved. All I will say until the reveal.

The time period I'm aiming for is the mid 50s, just before the Giants and Dodgers headed west. If anything looks like it only could've been made in the 90s or later, I have failed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

This is very good! Can't wait to see NYC, I'm from there!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks...for the hell of it, I'll give a brief description of what's coming...and then leave things to your imagination for a little while :P

Giants: there is a loose John McGraw tribute. Anyone who's ever frequented Dressed to the Nines can probably guess what it is.

The time period I'm aiming for is the mid 50s, just before the Giants and Dodgers headed west. If anything looks like it only could've been made in the 90s or later, I have failed.

Not necessarily what I'm expecting you did...but did you know the Yankees had blue, red and *green* pinstripes on their 1915 road uni?

http://puresim.freeforums.net/thread/550/yankees-jersey-logo-colors-1915

The last post in the thread actually contains a modern day mockup of that jersey and damn if it doesn't look pretty good.

This is very good! Can't wait to see NYC, I'm from there!

I guarantee you'll have an opinion of what you'll see. Can't guarantee whether you'll like it or not...occupational hazard. :D

I like them, especially the Red Sox away concept. Ever since the Mets wore these one-offs (even though the NY Giants were never part of their history), I've fallen in love with the giant two-letter jersey front.

Thank ya, I dabble with those occasionally. Did a Texas A&M concept with a couple jerseys like that a few years back...big ol' A&M...and true, the Mets don't claim the Giants' history, but orange and that NY didn't come from nowhere ;)

Not necessarily what I'm expecting you did...but did you know the Yankees had blue, red and *green* pinstripes on their 1915 road uni?

http://puresim.freeforums.net/thread/550/yankees-jersey-logo-colors-1915

The last post in the thread actually contains a modern day mockup of that jersey and damn if it doesn't look pretty good.

If I didn't loathe the Yanks, I'd buy that mockup. And if I hadn't made that Twins road in the main series, that very well could've been the road I went down. The Yanks grays do have pinstripes, but no green. Tragic, I know.

Love those Braves home uniforms. Just delightful.

I figured one thing, I just had to let that one B.

2016cubscreamsig.png

You mean the NY quadruple?

Yankees

Mets

Giants

Dodgers

No, no Mets. He's aiming for the 50's, which was right before the Dodgers and Giants bolted for California. The Mets were founded in '61 (correct if I am wrong here) to replace them (hence the blue from Brooklyn and the orange from the Giants, and the Mets using the same NY logo that the Giants did).

Really love the Braves road uni, but not feeling the inclusion of the A on the Red Sox road set. The way that the sock is positioned on Boston's primary reminded me of the Cards Bird-On-Bat logo which led to think that it would be cool to try to form the shape of the part of the sock that would cover the leg into a bat somehow.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

You mean the NY quadruple?

Yankees

Mets

Giants

Dodgers

No, no Mets. He's aiming for the 50's, which was right before the Dodgers and Giants bolted for California. The Mets were founded in '61 (correct if I am wrong here) to replace them (hence the blue from Brooklyn and the orange from the Giants, and the Mets using the same NY logo that the Giants did).

Really love the Braves road uni, but not feeling the inclusion of the A on the Red Sox road set. The way that the sock is positioned on Boston's primary reminded me of the Cards Bird-On-Bat logo which led to think that it would be cool to try to form the shape of the part of the sock that would cover the leg into a bat somehow.

Far as the A, I largely went by historical precedent, as they'd often had B A jerseys before they became the Red Sox (as mentioned, the A is for Americans, as in American League). Oddly enough, while something like R S would make more sense, at the same time it'd seem somewhat wrong...B R would seem really off (though admittedly, only because Red Sox is two words), and B S would be avoided for obvious reasons.

Far as the sock, it's funny, I've never really wondered about who in the Cardinals organization thought, "Hey, we should put a bat and a pair of birds on our uniforms," or how they came to that idea. Given the big sock predate the birds on bat by a couple decades, I wouldn't be completely surprised if the former somehow inspired the latter.

And cubsfan...why the :censored: would I set a Mets concept in the 50s? It's been a while since I actually dabbled in alternate history concepts, and this series is not that, for what it's worth. :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived