Jacksonville Jaguars: Uniform Update Report

nitroseed

Hey there. Just thought I'd bring you up to speed on the changes taking place within the Jaguars' fashion department. This, from jaguars.com:

? The Jags will no longer wear white pants with their white jerseys. They will, instead, wear their black pants.

? White jerseys will only be worn for road games.

? The black pants will no longer have the stripes, thus making them solid black, and will feature the Jaguar head logo just below the waist.

? Most of us knew this already, but the teal numbers on the jersey will be changed to black numbers on gold and teal outlining.

? The Jags will alternate white and black pants when wearing the teal jersey. The Jags will wear their black alternate jersey with black pants against the Steelers on December 5.

shame just a shame, so far this offseason we have lost two great all white teams to the colored pants trend that is popping up everywhere, Cincinnati and Jacksonville. Thats too bad, all white is a wonderful look especially on jacksonville.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The Jags' white-on-black roads last year were beautiful to behold. The teal-on-black not so much. I say this is definitely an improvement over last year. It would be a bigger improvement to trash the teal all-together, but that's just me. I loved the all-black last year *ducking*. :D

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Jags' white-on-black roads last year were beautiful to behold. The teal-on-black not so much. I say this is definitely an improvement over last year. It would be a bigger improvement to trash the teal all-together, but that's just me. I loved the all-black last year *ducking*. :D

I happen to like the teal! In fact, their teal jersey is the best looking one in the league, in my opinion. ^_^

As much as I've always liked the Jags use of teal, I think I'm liking what they've done here.

The black pants will look real sleek as they will now match the pants very closely with no stripes and the jag head. The helmet and pants will compliment the black numbers on the white jersey.

The teal jersey I think will look real good in between the black helmet and the new black pants, and we already know it looks pretty good with the white.

The Jaguars held a press conference today to unveil the new uniforms.

Here is an article from the official website for those interested:

Leftwich shooting high

Story(3723)240x240.jpg

They also added this article:

Clothes make the man?

Check out the final question and answer.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

"Good news for those who like bad news.

"Wait, less teal is always good news."

Worse news. More black and on 12/5, that stupid-@$$ "Harry High School" all-black look. It B, B, S and S at the same time like an ABA logo!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

They also added this article:

Clothes make the man?

Check out the final question and answer.

In other words, what the Jags are saying with their answer to that last question is:

"Rather than stick by the uniform guidelines that we established at the franchise's outset, we've decided to mindlessly follow a "trend". This is a "trend" that we willingly concede will eventually come full circle, at which time we're likely to go back to wearing White pants with stripes in combination with our White jerseys, and the White jerseys will most likely go back to featuring Teal numbers trimmed in Black and Gold."

Aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!! Stop the fuc&ing insanity already!

The Jaguars had one of the nicest uniform sets in all of professional sports. Their White jerseys with White pants combo was crisp, clean and as classic a look as a modern expansion franchise of the past 25 years could hope to launch. Their use of Teal was brilliant.

How pathetic.

Brian in Boston

the problem with black pants, black numbers and black helmets is that you lose the teal in the white jersey, at least the numbers should be teal to balance things out, plus you shouldnt have that much black with that little teal in a road uniform when your home uniform is teal, and i agree with nitro teal is a great color, one of my favorites.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

"Good news for those who like bad news.

"Wait, less teal is always good news."

Worse news. More black and on 12/5, that stupid-@$$ "Harry High School" all-black look. It B, B and S at the same time like an ABA logo!

:cursing::cursing::cursing:

CAN'T YOU LET THE "B,B, AND S" DIE!?!?!

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Eh. I don't see the need for a change. Jags already have a solid look, and the number change is a step back..

The black pants with white jersey is better than white/white, but I think teal pants would be better. I don't want to see the black/teal set. Two darks is worse than all one color.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

I like the numbering change...it's a lot more readable now, especially at a distance. They should have kept the teal somewhere in there, and the all black pants aren't that great, but oh well.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hey Brian-

I like your posts and tend to agree with your thought out statements quite a bit, and I agree 100% with what you said.

Thanks for saying it first and saving me all that typing.

Michael

PS - I messed up the html to quote you sorry about that.

Archived