Players names that match the teams

Stampman

This was inspired by the Sabres concept with Biron's name on it--I was thinking if the "R" were an "S"--but can you think of any player in the NHL, NBA, MLB, NFL, or CFL with a team appropriate last name? (For example a player named Winchester on a team named for firearms)

I'm going to rack my brain to see if I can think of any--How about you?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ahman Green, GB Packers

Jim Brown, Orlando Brown, Courtney Brown, Cleveland Browns

that's all i can think of right now

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The most obvious: Jim Brown with the Cleveland Browns.

I've always joked that Satan would play for the Devils. But imagine that:

he played baseball and played for the Angels?

Or a guy named "Small" played for the Giants?

JT Snow played hockey for the Avalanche?

I saw, I came, I left.

While not spelled the same way--the Atlanta Flames had a player named Bobby Leiter (lighter)

In the not so appropriate category--Jim Kyte played for the Winnipeg Jets...

(Did they ever have a player named Benny?)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Did they ever have a player named Benny?

The mascot was named Benny.

Nealon Greene plays for the Saskatchewan Roughriders (I use the term 'plays' very loosely). Whenever I see the Roughriders play in their green uniforms, and they show Nealon's back, I always think it's the funniest thing. Typical Saskatchewan... I guess if they didn't label the colour, they'd forget what it's called. It's even got the spelling mistake worked in there. :)

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Kenny Washington played for the Redskins

Kenny Houston played for the Oilers

Kenny Cincinnati was an original member of the 1968 Bengals.

Okay, perhaps I may have made one of those up.

But only one.

I remember "Joe" Washington with the Redskins, but not Kenny.

Jim Brewer should have pitched in Milwaukee, as well as the aptly named Nick Bierbrodt (or however it's spelled -- it sounds like Beer Brat).

It's where I sit.

I remember "Joe" Washington with the Redskins, but not Kenny.

Jim Brewer should have pitched in Milwaukee, as well as the aptly named Nick Bierbrodt (or however it's spelled -- it sounds like Beer Brat).

It was Joe, not Kenny Washington. Kenny played for the Rams in the 40's. My bad.

Come to think of it, it might have been Joe, not Kenny Cincinnati who played for the Bengals. :D

Bill Lee played for the RedSox (known as the Spaceman) and he asked to be number 337, but they would only give him 37.

Know why? Cause 337 is Lee upside down.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

The Satan to the Devils rumor happens every year at the deadline. I personally think the Devils need to aquire him, it would be great PR and would boost all sales because everyone would buy that jersey.

He would have to wear number 6, that way his jersey would read 666, if you look at the sleeves and the back of the jersey.

Archived