2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hockey week said:

Looks like the sleeve logos are the Florida flag, with the Panthers' sun in the middle instead of the state seal, with a crawling panther on top, and the arch plate above it with Florida or Panthers opposite the word on the front logo in a creative Boston-esque detail.  Unit patches are on the sleeves, so I get the logic there...but it's weird. I wonder how the announcers feel about that, since the numbers and their placement are very utilitarian. 

The stripe not going the whole way around does bother me, but the numbers will be much more legible, and the cut-off practice is becoming more and more common at the college level and below, so we'll deal with it.

The laceup X is a bit cheesy, but subtle, and I wonder how that'll translate to on-ice use and with the retail versions.

All in all, it's alright. Positive, maybe good, but not great, and that's ok

Exactly.

Is the 1st jersey the team wore better? Absolutely. But these.... I can live with. Like the Raptors set last year. It really grew on me.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

"I'm a gigantic logo and uniform nerd"

REVEAL YOURSELF

EDIT: oh crap isn't there a guy here named Viola who has lots of dumb thoughts on everything?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The flag with the sun reminds me of Taiwan...I wonder if the jerseys are being made there lol

twlarge.gif

The Captain overbar above the sleeve logo is a really cool, unique touch. I actually really like it, no matter how silly it might be. That's a reason to get the captain's jersey alone.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived