2016-17 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

TheGrimReaper

I really like the rebrand. The logos are really nice, and the jerseys are too. The only nitpicks I have is the sleeve patches are sleeve patches rather than shoulder patches, and the whole "Captain/Alternate" banner thing. That just seems stupid. Also, the jerseys need more blue, rather than just being red, gold, and white.

Also, does anyone have the name/number font?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These jerseys aren't terrible but they aren't great by any means. If it were an expansion team now, I'd say it's a nice concept. However considering what it is moving away from, that's where they are going to get their most hate. I've stated numerous times that the leaping panther is a great logo and i'll miss it dearly. The new logo isn't bad, my complaints about this new set is the goofy fake lace up collar, the front stripe that doesn't carry over to the back. The red and tan(?) look very faded, atleast it makes the navy really pop out. It's a very hard rebrand that'll get alot of getting used to. The owners are really pushing for a military vibe. I get it but it's a hockey team not the army, get over it. If you want the players to be proud to put on the jersey, then build a strong foundation and following for the club. Making a cheesy gimmick isn't going to make me proud to put on a feux military costume, smh. 

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

49 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Yeah, but the Detroit thing is also done because of necessity. There's no point in going through the additional trouble of custom-cutting the arched nameplates for players who aren't guaranteed to make the regular season roster.

One set of arched nameplates would be less trouble than a preseason set and then an arched regular season set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My favorite commentary thus far on the rebrand

Cj-8KaLWsAAtID8.jpg

That was from Paul Lukas' twitter, I'm sure he got it from somewhere else.

Well, they ARE in Florida with Disney...I think it's a shoe in to @C-Squared's Lil NHL concept series

It's fantastic, and I LIKE the changes, but this is too funny

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

6 minutes ago, hockey week said:

My favorite commentary thus far on the rebrand

Cj-8KaLWsAAtID8.jpg

That was from Paul Lukas' twitter, I'm sure he got it from somewhere else.

Well, they ARE in Florida with Disney...I think it's a shoe in to @C-Squared's Lil NHL concept series

It's fantastic, and I LIKE the changes, but this is too funny

yeah i posted an image comparing the two a while ago - not taking credit - but it's super funny and I still see it. So good.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

2 minutes ago, worcat said:

yeah i posted an image comparing the two a while ago - not taking credit - but it's super funny and I still see it. So good.

Totally missed that, and here I thought I followed this thread pretty closely. Oh well, bring it to the top again now that the logo is on everyone's minds

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 hour ago, BrandMooreArt said:

not sure if anyones posted these side by side, but the updated leaping panther is a huge improvement. the back feet bother me a bit, but overall this is a very nice logo update. 

27342922351_910c8bee77_b.jpg

That updated panther is awesome!

That should be on a third jersey

51 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Totally missed that, and here I thought I followed this thread pretty closely. Oh well, bring it to the top again now that the logo is on everyone's minds

Page 50, April 27th

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

I really like the rebrand. The logos are really nice, and the jerseys are too. The only nitpicks I have is the sleeve patches are sleeve patches rather than shoulder patches, and the whole "Captain/Alternate" banner thing. That just seems stupid. Also, the jerseys need more blue, rather than just being red, gold, and white.

Also, does anyone have the name/number font?

It's called Jacksonville Jaguars. :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

I'd agree that it should be on a third jersey BUT I will disagree that it's awesome.

Clubbed Feet?

No Whiskers? 

Only four teeth w/only tongue accent?

Lacking any accents through-out the stream lined logo....No thanks. I still prefer it over the Florida Panther FC Logo but it's not great by any means.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

My 2 cents, numbers on shoulders and moving a logo down on the sleeves is horrible. 

The flag with a panther on top is not bad, but gets ruined by the Panthers wordmark above it, that is overkill. No need to spell everything out, we get it.

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

To be serious after a good hour of utter bewilderment with those nose-candied wackadoos, these aren't terrible uniforms. I could do without the military references, but if you stripped those and left only the panther-head shield (CreamSoda mocked this up very well a few weeks ago) and panther walking on the flag (MIIIIIGHT AS WELL BE WALKIN' ON THE FLAG), you'd have a decidedly 50th-percentile identity if not a little higher. They're an improvement over the standard-issue Edge stuff they had before, but the 101st Airborne stuff is just way too heavy-handed.

Are the NOBs in navy on white? I might want those be red, or make the numbers red and leave the names in navy. It's a darker, bluer shade of red, too, right? Are these basically 2003 Cleveland Cavaliers colors?

And their kids were hippie chicks all hypocrites
Because fashion is smashin' the true meaning of it

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

It should be on the primary

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I don't mind the Panthers' new look at all.  I'm glad they didn't completely abandoned the leaping Panther and cleaned it up.  What I don't like is the placement of the numbers and sleeve patch.  I get it, military theme, but it just doesn't look right.  I hope this isn't going to be the start of a new trend for future designs.  The additional captain's patch on the sleeve patch is unnecessary.

Archived