College Baseball - 2016 Season

cajunaggie08

4 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

It was slight hyperbole to make a point.  More precise language would have been "the UA logo is a lot closer in size to the AU logo than the manufacturer's logo typically is to the team's logo." 

The UA logo is the same size as on all their baseball jerseys, isn't it?  Maybe it looks larger because the AU logo is a little smaller?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read that Bush has the library and another building on campus (law?) named after him.

Still an odd deal to me. The jerseys look awfully MiLB, but man I love that hat

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I posted our set of pullovers last season, which this thread was partially responsible for. Glad we are back this season! 

I'm constantly trying to get teams to go retro and get away from the usual MLB look. Managed to get a few teams into V neck's this season... but it's tough to do it right. Rawlings currently quotes us with a 12 week turnaround for a custom "CS2" V neck pullover... most customers can't wait that long. 

detlogosbanner.jpg

Just now, doogie24 said:

I posted our set of pullovers last season, which this thread was partially responsible for. Glad we are back this season! 

I'm constantly trying to get teams to go retro and get away from the usual MLB look. Managed to get a few teams into V neck's this season... but it's tough to do it right. Rawlings currently quotes us with a 12 week turnaround for a custom "CS2" V neck pullover... most customers can't wait that long. 

Phantomdreamer, is that you?

On 3/4/2016 at 4:10 PM, Clintau24 said:

I read that Bush has the library and another building on campus (law?) named after him.

Still an odd deal to me. The jerseys look awfully MiLB, but man I love that hat

Bush may be from the NE, but he moved to West Texas after WW2 where he began his career in oil. Eventually he moved to Houston and started his political career. He wanted to put his library in the state where he lived most of his adult life and where he considers to be his home. A&M had lots of land and was close enough to his Houston home that they won the bid.

On March 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Botiger said:

The UA logo is the same size as on all their baseball jerseys, isn't it?  Maybe it looks larger because the AU logo is a little smaller?

There's a maximum size allowable for manufacturers' logos per NCAA regulations.. The logo must fit in a rectangle or parallelogram and not exceed 2.25 square inches.. Nike's swoosh is shaped awkwardly enough that it takes up more space per the dimensional restrictions than the others, and therefore looks rather small on uniforms.. Adidas is in the middle due to the blocky nature of the text below the logo, but the odd triangular shape doesn't fit as well within the 4-sided geometric confines as it could, but still maintains a noticeable appearance.. UnderArmour is the big winner (if you can call it that) in the logo department because the dimensions of its logo are very square, so they are able to completely fill the allotted space and maximize the size which their logo appears on uniforms (same regulations apply for football).. So mainly, UA's logo actually IS bigger because it's shape allows it to be, plus it LOOKS bigger due to its symmetrical nature and blocky dimensions, so it is much more visually jarring than the others

18 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Baylor breaking out the shoulder stripe template tonight. Funny to see tags and stickers still on the hat even in the locker...

CdDA4qRVAAAM88w.jpg

What the hell are Baylor's school colors? Not a single one of their athletics teams has the same color scheme as the next!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, Griffinmarlins said:

What the hell are Baylor's school colors? Not a single one of their athletics teams has the same color scheme as the next!

It's a damn mess. And I think last year they were sporting nike, adidas, and under armor, with football basketball and baseball respectively. They NEED to decide on yellow OR gold, not both

7 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

It's a damn mess. And I think last year they were sporting nike, adidas, and under armor, with football basketball and baseball respectively. They NEED to decide on yellow OR gold, not both

I never understood why Baylor doesn't have a school wide apparel deal.

3 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

At least both adidas and under armour stuck to the schools official colors. Nike decided to focus on the gold helmet that baylor football has worn for a long time and darkened up their color palate with all the gun metal and black. back when the men's bball was with adidas and the women were with nike, they wore completely different colors

The coaches at Baylor are responsible for that. Football has used old gold rather than athletic gold for a long time. Personally i think it looks better. However, the introduction of gunmetal grey and anthracite have polluted the team's color palette to the point that no one knows what they are anymore.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The coaches at Baylor are responsible for that. Football has used old gold rather than athletic gold for a long time. Personally i think it looks better. However, the introduction of gunmetal grey and anthracite have polluted the team's color palette to the point that no one knows what they are anymore.

This drives me nuts:

519559842_c_embedStandard.jpg

Nike custom makes anthracite uniforms and warm-ups for them as an elite women's team...and uses a different shade of gold on the uniforms and warm-ups.  Just terrible.

Archived