NASCAR

hubsportsfan17

ahh, another endless debate.

It's a toughy, the cars do alot of the work, but the drivers still have to be in top shape. they lose alot of water out there, gotta stay focused for the duration of the race, theres alot to it. it's not a traditional sport, but the guys do work themselves hard to stay competitive

IMO it is a sport. True, the car does a lot of the work. This is because the crew prepped the car beforehand for the pounding, in addition to maintaining the machine through the race. Stock car racing is far from an individual sport.

If you want a real debate, answer this: Should horses be considered athletes?

i went up to New Hampshire International Speedway for the Siemens 300. Kurt Bush won. Followed by Gordon, Newman, Kenseth, and Stewart. I sat 5 rows from the top on the 4th turn on the begining of pit row. I've never been interested in NASCAR but my friend asked me to go with him. I must admit I really enjoyed the race. It took me a few hundred laps to figure out what to look for among the drivers. There were a lot of countions (12 i think) and then the race ended rather abruptly after the final one. What do you think of NASCAR? Is it a sport? I used to think no, but I see while people enjoy now.

I agree this is an Endless debate. The car does the work, but the car needs a driver. On and on. I used to watch just for crashes and then I went to a race in Atlanta and then Talladega and I have been hooked on the racing aspect ever since.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I have no problem if they want to call it a "motorsport," but IMO, it's not an actual sport. A great car with a good driver will always beat a good car with a great driver. If and when that ever changes, I might change my mind.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

well, ive gotten into heated arguments on this board defending my favourite sport on earth, Auto Racing. many of you know that i am a NASCAR addict, by the fact that i usually have my favourite driver, Robby Gordon in my avatar.

I dont think anyone can judge the sport until theyve seen it in person. the feel of having 43 800hp engines roaring around at insane speeds just really gets the blood flowin'! Theres no other sport i'd rather watch live. ive been to about 30 MLB games, 1 NFL games, 10 NBA games, and 2 NHL games, and i can say that i would take one of the 15 NASCAR races ive been to over one of those any day.

Yes, NASCAR is a sport. the athletes inside the cars have to be in very good physical shape to endure 3G's of load on their bodies for 4 hrs. in cockpits that can reach up to 130 degrees.

OK, gentlemen... lets not rehash this arguement quite yet.. i think we need to wait for a couple months, get some new faces around here before doing this.

SOME of us think it isn't, some of US think it IS.

It is entirely up for debate. I'm sure people on both sides will agree that it is a tough decision and isnt exactly clear cut either way.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

What the heck... lemme throw in my grin of salt to...

(I don't usually like joining those purposeless topics...)

It akes awhile to get recognize to the amount of strategy and skills involved in that "Competition" (it's hard to cal it a sport...).

Both drivers and crew chiefs need to do a lot of planning, and they can control a lot of the performance of the vehicle.

IMO the most important factor being fresh rubber> A timely pit stop to get good grip can make the difference between losing 3 seconds to the leader per lap or passing 10 guys on the way to the checkered flag.

Agreed that at first ovals sound boring, but NASCAR has done agood job at providing the fans with variety instead of "cookie cutter" tracks.

You have SuperSpeedway, Tri-Ovals, Short-track, flat tracks.

NASCAR is way more interesting then F1.

image-165409-1303.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I dunno, I find NASCAR to have its ups and downs.

Upsides: The crashes are spectacular. It's wheel-to-wheel racing all the time.

Downsides: Please turn to the RIGHT sometime! It's wheel-to-wheel because all the cars are the freaking same! That, and they're as far away from stock cars as the Mars rover. And is it just me, or is picking a winner like a lottery. It's either Dale Earnhardt Junoir, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, or 50 other guys.

I can think of at least THREE other racing series that are less publicized, but infinitely more interesting.

World Rally Championship

American Le Mans Series

All-Japan Gran Touring Championship

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

Rally racing is crazy. The people can get awfully close to the cars don't they. LeMans is interesting to me as well. I only know one Canadian Ron Fellows regularly races in the series.

I saw, I came, I left.

I dunno, I find NASCAR to have its ups and downs.

Upsides: The crashes are spectacular. It's wheel-to-wheel racing all the time.

Downsides: Please turn to the RIGHT sometime! It's wheel-to-wheel because all the cars are the freaking same! That, and they're as far away from stock cars as the Mars rover. And is it just me, or is picking a winner like a lottery. It's either Dale Earnhardt Junoir, Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, or 50 other guys.

I can think of at least THREE other racing series that are less publicized, but infinitely more interesting.

World Rally Championship

American Le Mans Series

All-Japan Gran Touring Championship

Please get a signature banner that CAN spell Q-u- é -b-e-c :cursing:

And, for racing, let's not forget Australia's V8 Supercar Championship Series...

Now the Fords are real Fords...

Nothing like the Falcon UTEs, FPV.I believe the sport version is called?

356_1x24x200382452PM.jpg

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Archived