White Sox - Black Vs. Red

clannhoran

Do You The White Sox could win back Chicago fans by reverting to the red colors of the early 1970's?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope. The Sox look just fine. It's the first time they've kept a visual identity for any long stretch since the glory days of the 50's and 60's. And their current look certainly harkens back to those days.

The red would be fine as a Turn Back The Clock promo, but not a permanent change. Maybe...just maybe...add a bit of red trim to the current black & silver, but only a touch.

The Sox'll bring fans back to the park by winning consistently.

--Eriq.

if anyone remembers i threw up a concept a while back adding red to teh current colors...although my home from that is the only one remotely resembling their current duds i think it could fit in seamlessly with the current uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Chicago is a Cubs' town -- changing unis isn't going to bring in fans. They have to win, it would help to keep the black (they still market "Good guys wear black", doin't they?), and it's almost imperative that the Cubs leave town for the White Sox to win more fan support.

It's where I sit.

I agree with eriq...the ChiSox should stick with the black. This is the longest they have used the same logos and uniforms that I can remember. It seems they were always changing something every 3 or 4 years, going back to the wide collar and shorts experiments of the late 70s. It's a look that has held up well for over 10 years, almost 15 I think. A few minor tweaks (names on the homes, I think a slight color configuration on the alts), but these are great uniforms. You can't confuse them with anyone else in the league. If they go all red they will look like the Phillies, or even Anaheim.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm a White Sox fan, and I'm definitely satisfied with their current look and I'm glad that they've managed to keep one uniform identity for such a long time now! That said, I would be more-than-satisfied if they added a little more color to the design. So, here's a concept I made for my site about a year ago...

chicagowhitesox.gif

Copy/Paste link

they still market "Good guys wear black", doin't they?

not really, although the Sox announcers still call em the "good guys"

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Lifelong Northwest side Sox fan here and I loved the old red uniforms but agree a change no won't make a difference. I really don't think that this is a total Cub town though. I like jonkj's concept along with clann's concept. I think the old road uniforms with the powder blue were great.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

well now that all the bandwagon fans in chicago are cubs fans, its a cubs town. 2 years ago it was southside/northside with some people in the north liking the sox and visa versa. But now, everyone's a cubs fan. Its very very annoying.

Never liked the cubs, but I liked it alot more when the fans were actually fans and loved the loveable losers. Now, they expect to win.

Anyway, at most add red, but not too much. I'd stick with the black. I love the angels new look, but god, I see them on tv and I think its the cardinals everytime...this would do the same IMO

peace,

pc

The Sox don't need to win back the city, they will always be second because their are too many yuppie idiots here with their blind loyalty to the crappy Cubs. Anyway those unis look painful and their current set IMO is the best in MLB, and I'm glad they've stayed consistent so long. Those things look like the Anaheim Angels.

And how about bringing back those hideous 1970's unis with the butterfly half-collar and shorts, hmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived