International Football 16-17

ninersdd

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, lopernv said:

That comparison is pretty lame. James Milner is strictly a winger, Pogba is probably the best versatile midfielder in world football and operates as such, defensively, when required.

12 assists was also the top of Serie A.

I know that that comparison was lame, it was meant as a joke. Pogba's obviously the better player and Serie A is not as quality as the Premier League. But to say that Milner is "strictly a winger" is incorrect, he got most of those assists playing central midfield this year. 

But yeah, Pogba's better. Just a little levity thrown into the situation before we all go at each other throats starting today :P 

spacer.png

15 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

@Jaffa is probably going crazy right now! A first half goal in extra time! I think Leicester may struggle much like Chelsea did last season. It's still early in the match but I hope Hull pulls it out.

Long way to go yet. ;)

But it looked like Diomandé and Hernández struck the ball at the same time. I reckon it should therefore be counted as two goals, so we're still actually winning.

EDIT: We are actually winning. :D

39 minutes ago, Jaffa said:

Long way to go yet. ;)

But it looked like Diomandé and Hernández struck the ball at the same time. I reckon it should therefore be counted as two goals, so we're still actually winning.

EDIT: We are actually winning. :D

All alone on top of the Premiership table! How does that feel? ;)

17 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

I know that that comparison was lame, it was meant as a joke. Pogba's obviously the better player and Serie A is not as quality as the Premier League. But to say that Milner is "strictly a winger" is incorrect, he got most of those assists playing central midfield this year. 

But yeah, Pogba's better. Just a little levity thrown into the situation before we all go at each other throats starting today :P 

I knew you were at least half-joking if not fully joking, but who knows, a new fan might have come into this thread, see the image, and think "Hey, James Milner must be as good if not better than Paul Pogba".

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Don't worry England, be happy Italy.

https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/769092326622887937/

In a way that's good, means Liverpool will have a bigger chance of getting there one day, and it's also good to see the Italian teams get rewarded for their performances.  But I was kind of looking forward to seeing England get punished.  There's a definite snobbishness around the Premier League that I don't really like, and this just kind of plays into the spoiled child mentality.

spacer.png

Archived