2016 NCAA Football Thread

CS85

According to multiple Charleston Southern football players, 30+ players are being suspended for one game for... get this... using book money to buy other school supplies. Boy, does the NCAA have some sketchy, screwed up, dumb rules. This is almost as bad as players getting suspended for eating too much.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

According to multiple Charleston Southern football players, 30+ players are being suspended for one game for... get this... using book money to buy other school supplies. Boy, does the NCAA have some sketchy, screwed up, dumb rules. This is almost as bad as players getting suspended for eating too much.

Wow. The NCAA is one of the most ridiculous organizations in the world.

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Right before the Florida State game as well...awful fishy if you ask me... and the rule just reeks of just over doing it. So what if a kid has leftover book money to get school supplies? Is it that bad??

22 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Right before the Florida State game as well...awful fishy if you ask me... and the rule just reeks of just over doing it. So what if a kid has leftover book money to get school supplies? Is it that bad??

They also have a coach suspended this week for recruiting violations and the head coach will serve his suspension during a future home game.

http://m.live5news.com/live5news/db_330614/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=nJOXT46C

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

He's still gotta win two of the three most important games on his schedule:

Next week vs. Florida State

Oct. 1 @ Clemson

Nov. 17 (THU) @ Houston

He's going to need more help from his WRs.  Too many drops and fumbles in tonight's game.

IUe6Hvh.png

The field/configuration/stadium/speedway looks great! Bristol should definitely be considered every year to host a game.

Also, I wonder how much money is being made off of sponsorship being slapped everywhere. Including on the jerseys. I despise when patches are on jersey. Sponsorships on players who are not being paid to wear these company logos is just terrible taste IMO. 

25 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The field/configuration/stadium/speedway looks great! Bristol should definitely be considered every year to host a game.

Also, I wonder how much money is being made off of sponsorship being slapped everywhere. Including on the jerseys. I despise when patches are on jersey. Sponsorships on players who are not being paid to wear these company logos is just terrible taste IMO. 

Awww

Each school will be paid $4 million for selling its 40,000-seat allotment. Using a conservative average price of $60 per seat, Bristol will gross $9 million in ticket revenue alone.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-meets-nascar-inside-the-spectacle-of-the-battle-at-bristol/

Still wanna open your lil restaurant?

I'm surprised ECU at 2-0 so far, however, we should have won botharrow-10x10.png games anyway. South Carolinaarrow-10x10.png is lookingarrow-10x10.png like a bigger and bigger matchup for us.

Also herearrow-10x10.png is a little piecearrow-10x10.png of info I saw:

Since September 19, 2013:

ECU vs. ACC: 6-0

NCSU vs. ACC: 6-18

EDIT: I found this on Snapchat. From NC State's forums

CsBcb45W8AEo2qq.jpg

The Oklahoma State game: By rule, yes the Cowboys got screwed.  But, OSU put themselves in that situation by doing a dumb thing that allowed a bad call to be made.  The situation was 4th down, 4 seconds left, on Central Michigan's 40-ish yard line.  There were two much better options: either have the punter kick the ball as far as he can in whichever forward/sideways direction (time is going to run until the ball either touches out of bounds or stops rolling inbounds) or they could have had the punter (or QB, for ball security purposes) run backwards and run out the clock, then fall down.  Hell, they could have run a running play and have the RB just run into the stack...that would have killed off the 4 seconds, too.  Coach Gundy may be a man, but he's also a big dummy.

Georgia: Never felt like this was a #9 team, and it showed today.  A win is a win, but if the O-line is getting pushed around by little Nicholls, they're in a world of trouble once league play begins.  Hope this was the "these guys are still 18-22 year old kids" game.

Archived