2016 MLB Post Season Thread

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

If the Cy Young is really about naming the league's best pitcher, then the AL's best pitcher just got snubbed. 

I'm not sure who you're talking about in the AL (although I think Aaron Sanchez is worthy of consideration) but Clayton Kershaw deserves the NL Cy Young over Scherzer, Lester and Hendricks.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

17 minutes ago, FGM13 said:

I'm not sure who you're talking about in the AL

I'm sure he was referring to Zach Britton.

While I'm 99.9% sure Bryant will win NL MVP, kinda surprised Arenado and Rizzo aren't also in the Top 3.

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

I'm sure he was referring to Zach Britton.

You would be right.

My bias is probably creeping in here, but IMO he at least deserved to get into the final 3.  Watching him just dominate hitters time after time when he came into games this past season was special.  When he came into a game, you had no doubt the opponent wouldn't be able to get anything on him.  He put up some absolutely ridiculous numbers this season.  I think at the end of the day the BBWAA would just rather have a starting pitcher and somehow doesn't feel that a closer is worthy of the award.  If they thought closers should be considered they would've put him.  Simple as that.

spacer.png

Last week I recorded my thoughts about the upcoming Game 7 of the 2016 World Series as I drove to my parent's house to watch it. Turns out I would be stuck in the car listening to the Cubs pull off a miracle, and recorded the highlights of my misery and joy for those interested in hearing it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

3 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

If the Cy Young is really about naming the league's best pitcher, then the AL's best pitcher just got snubbed. 

His own manager snubbed him in their most important game of the year.  This is only fitting.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I really hope that porcello doesn't get the cy young nothing against the sox or porcello I just feel that basing a great pitcher on wins is stupid since it is dependent on how the rest of the team plays the pitcher could give up 5 runs and still win or the pitcher could pitch a shutout for most of the game and still lose wins as a stat is useless like qb wins in football

4 hours ago, Rj0498 said:

I really hope that porcello doesn't get the cy young nothing against the sox or porcello I just feel that basing a great pitcher on wins is stupid since it is dependent on how the rest of the team plays the pitcher could give up 5 runs and still win or the pitcher could pitch a shutout for most of the game and still lose wins as a stat is useless like qb wins in football

I completely agree. These are all team sports. How does one player get the win? I can see that it's more applicable to baseball because a pitcher does affect an outcome more so than a QB in football. But it's a tangible statistic (along with QB super bowl wins) that allows one to argue that Brady is the best QB ever.

53 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

I completely agree. These are all team sports. How does one player get the win? I can see that it's more applicable to baseball because a pitcher does affect an outcome more so than a QB in football. But it's a tangible statistic (along with QB super bowl wins) that allows one to argue that Brady is the best QB ever.

Its like saying Trent dilfer or brad Johnson were better and than Dan marino and Jim Kelly and I have heard people say this

2 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Seriously @Rj0498, why don't you use punctuation? I literally cannot understand what you're saying half the time... 

I just get really out of breath reading his posts.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

My bad that is usually the way I type. I will give this punctuation thing a try though, chances are I might revert back to my rambling style sometimes. And it doesn't help that I am using a phone with autocorrect

Lot of people outraged this morning after Jake Arrieta tweeted openly about confirming his support for Trump.

It's a harsh reminder that athletes are human beings too, and just because they are heroes on the field doesn't mean they're going to check every box as a person. They are an elite bunch who care very much about their finances, and if a candidate says they'll cut taxes on the wealthy, there's a lot of Big 4 athletes who may vote on that issue singularly.  If they're intelligent, however, they won't tweet about it.  Maybe Jake should've just stayed mum.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

37 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Lot of people outraged this morning after Jake Arrieta tweeted openly about confirming his support for Trump.

It's a harsh reminder that athletes are human beings too, and just because they are heroes on the field doesn't mean they're going to check every box as a person. They are an elite bunch who care very much about their finances, and if a candidate says they'll cut taxes on the wealthy, there's a lot of Big 4 athletes who may vote on that issue singularly.  If they're intelligent, however, they won't tweet about it.  Maybe Jake should've just stayed mum.

I do wish people would realize that pro athletes are not paragons of perfection but, yeah I have noticed that athletes sure do tweet the wrong stuff a lot.

On 09/11/2016 at 10:57 AM, CS85 said:

Just saw the tweet & it certainly cut a lot deeper than a simple supportive shoutout.

Idiot.  He just lost huge Chicago points with that, & coming off a Cubs WS(!) that says everything.

@2001mark

5 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Just saw the tweet & it certainly cut a lot deeper than a simple supportive shoutout.

Idiot.  He just lost huge Chicago points with that, & coming of a Cubs WS(!) that says everything.

Meh.  I think it'll be fine since he won't really be in the public eye for another few months.  Jay Cutler came out mid-season of 2012 and said he was voting for Romney.  Thankfully for Cutler 3/4ths of the fan base already hated him anyway.

twitter

Just now, CS85 said:

Meh.  I think it'll be fine since he won't really be in the public eye for another few months.  Jay Cutler came out mid-season of 2012 and said he was voting for Romney.  Thankfully for Cutler 3/4ths of the fan base already hated him anyway.

Not sure if Cutler threw shade with a dog whistle on twitter.  

@2001mark

Archived