Celtics vs Lakers

Spurs vs Mavericks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB

Giants - Dodgers

A's - Angels

Orioles - the transplanted Expos (coming soon in 2005)

NFL

49ers - Cowboys

49ers - Rams

NBA

Kings - Lakers

Kings - Mavericks

NHL

Sharks - Stars

Sharks - Avalanche

Sharks - Kings

Sharks - Mighty Ducks

Sharks - Red Wings

and newly arrived...

Sharks - Flames

MLS

Earthquakes - Galaxy

AFL

SaberCats - Rattlers

SaberCats - Avengers

Predators - Storm

SaberCats - Desperados (49ers-Cowboys spinoff? :D )

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

stl: totally agree. I hate the cubs, but I repspect the cubs. I enjoy going to a Cubs/Cards game in either stadium without fear of anything but good natured ribbing. I have friends that are cubs fans, my best friend is one. See if you'll find that in a Yankee/Sox rivalry.

The worst I ever got was someone asked me if DK was pitching the next day.

Now, I'm also a Red Sox fan. My dad's side is from New England so I grew up hating the yankees. Its just not the same to me. Oh its a good rivalry, don't get me wrong. I'd say the two are equal at best, but give me Cards/Cubs anyday. At least I know I'd survive....

Don't forget, the benches clear quite often when the Cubs and Cardinals play each other. Dusty Baker and Tony LaRussa really hate each other. Mainly cause Dusty doesn't know what he's doing :D Just watch him manage pitchers! Sorry,

Go CARDS, Go SOX!

pc

Gimmie a second to gather my thoughts. . . Ok, I've gathered my thoughts:

NFL:

NO v. ATL

DAL v. the rest of the NFC East

DEN v. Da Black hole err...OAK

NHL:

Any of the the Original Six v. each other

TO v. OTT

OTT v. MTL

DET v. COL (BTW, I HATE THE AVS)

The Association:

LA v. Everyone (Let's face it, everyone hates on the on my boys!)

MLB:

ATL v. NL East (I hate the Braves, but respect the clout!)

BALCO, err Barry, err The lizard's former team err SF v. THE Los Angeles Dodgers

(BTW, we all know that LA is the best baseball team in Cali, esp. SOCAL, well ALL of CA actually.)

Nolan Ryan v. Robin Ventura

CFB:

AFA v. the other two (Enough said!)

Tulane v. the Lousy Stinking University

Tulane v. the University of No Opportunity

LSU v. most of the SEC

O Who? v. TU

The Aggies v. the shorties err...TU err...Texas (After all, A&M IS THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS)

A&M v. The tortilla tossers err...What up Knight state err...TTU

Army v. Navy

Most importantly: McNeese State Univesity v. Lee Majors State College err. SFA (I REALLY HATE SFA)

And countless others. Ok, the movie's over, go home!

dodgers-1.png

NHL- RedWings v. Predators- this one developed last year, these two teams really hate each other.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

NFL - Decatur Staleys vs Indian Packing Company (aka Bears vs Packers)... 22 Championships and 47 HOFers between the two teams. No other nominations need to be entertained.

MLB - Giants vs Dodgers... been sluggin' it out on both coasts and this one is relatively balanced when compared to the Yanks & Sox and Cubs & Cards.

NHL - Maple Leafs vs Canadiens... hockey is a Canadian game and this one even has social overtones (English Canada vs French Canada).

NCAA (football) - Michigan vs Ohio State... forget the football, do two states hate each other more than Michigan and Ohio do?

NCAA (hoops) - Duke vs North Carolina

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

LA has about 30 more wins over the history and Chicago has about 30 more wins. Cards/Cubs have played about 100 more times.

Red Sox Yankees: Yankees are up by about 100 and have played about 200 games less.

Just some quasi info.

Still think Cards/Cubs is the best rivalry. THEY GOT NOMAR...I now hate him.

peace,

pc

PS....Nolan Ryan Robin Ventura?? What'd that last...2 years at 3 meetings a season?

In soccer you could put celtic v rangers as a big big rivalry, barcelona v real madrid would be another.

Been covered!!

Any sports clash between England and Australia is a biggy, no matter what the game. England and Scotland is the same.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

LA has about 30 more wins over the history and Chicago has about 30 more wins. Cards/Cubs have played about 100 more times.

Red Sox Yankees: Yankees are up by about 100 and have played about 200 games less.

Just some quasi info.

Still think Cards/Cubs is the best rivalry. THEY GOT NOMAR...I now hate him.

peace,

pc

PS....Nolan Ryan Robin Ventura?? What'd that last...2 years at 3 meetings a season?

I'm referring to "success" such as pennants, championships, etc. There's no comparing the Cubs and Red Sox to the Cardinals and Yankees with that. The Dodgers and Giants are a little more even in that respect.

Cubs-Cards would be my #2 though. Yankees-Red Sox is way overblown.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I'm referring to "success" such as pennants, championships, etc. There's no comparing the Cubs and Red Sox to the Cardinals and Yankees with that. The Dodgers and Giants are a little more even in that respect.

The interesting about the Dodgers and the Giants is that before the move by both teams to California, the NY Giants won 5 Worlds Series titles and the Brooklyn Dodgers 1. After the move: LA Dodgers 5, SF Giants 0.

I saw, I came, I left.

LA has about 30  more wins over the history and Chicago has about 30 more wins.  Cards/Cubs have played about 100 more times. 

Red Sox Yankees:  Yankees are up by about 100 and have played about 200 games less. 

Just some quasi info. 

Still think Cards/Cubs is the best rivalry.  THEY GOT NOMAR...I now hate him.

peace,

pc

gotcha...then agreed tehy are closer in that regard

Archived