NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now NBA teams are posting videos to  tease advertisement patches on jerseys?

Unbelievable. Trying to spin something awful and ugly into a good thing. :rolleyes:

"Okay folks, listen up, you all know about Hep A, B and C.........now introducing:  Hep D!  yeahhh"

1 hour ago, eRay said:

I don't know, that shadow just before the patch is placed on the jersey looks an awful lot like the shape of the Warner Music Group logo, if it was a patch.WMG_Inter_CultureMediaConseil.png

Also, it could easily be the Chase logo with "JP Morgan Chase" under it, as was stated, I just want to be a sleuth.

Putting a screenshot of the reflection in her glasses for anyone who wants to try to figure it out.

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.03.24 PM.png

I can barely make anything out but could it be Monster Energy drink? Speaking of which, Monster should have really sponsored the Raptors. Huge synergy there and it would just look like a secondary logo and not an e̶y̶e̶s̶o̶r̶e̶ ad.

1 hour ago, jerseyjunk said:

Unbelievable. Trying to spin something awful and ugly into a good thing. :rolleyes:

"Okay folks, listen up, you all know about Hep A, B and C.........now introducing:  Hep D!  yeahhh"

Alas, there is already a Hep Delta.

On a slight tangent:

https://xkcd.com/641/free.png

3 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

I guess you could say the same about a good chunk of these Nike uniforms, alts in particular...

Does anyone know if the Lakers are bringing back their "Hollywood Nights" jersey?

gosh I hope not

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

4 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I guess you could say the same about a good chunk of these Nike uniforms, alts in particular...

Does anyone know if the Lakers are bringing back their "Hollywood Nights" jersey?

gosh I hope not

Unknown.  I'd assume so, however.  If all teams have 4 jerseys, then black would make the most sense for the Lakers.  

They will have their throwback jersey, rumoured to be the 1947-1952 Minneapolis Lakers look. 

48 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

gosh I hope not

Lakers  Hollywood nights jersey have a special sponsor patch:  Miramax Films...   Kobe aproved  ;)  

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

Unknown.  I'd assume so, however.  If all teams have 4 jerseys, then black would make the most sense for the Lakers.  

They will have their throwback jersey, rumoured to be the 1947-1952 Minneapolis Lakers look. 

That falls in the "Classic" category, which is different from the "City" alternate package.

They probably are coming back, but does every team have 4 jerseys?  Hornets?  Grizzlies?

Here's hoping that the Celtics don't resurrect the gray.  I think that they may not, partly because it was a "pride" jersey.  Nike wants to get rid of anything that smacks of Adidas.

18 minutes ago, jerseyjunk said:

Lakers  Hollywood nights jersey have a special sponsor patch:  Miramax Films...   Kobe aproved  ;)  

lel

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

That falls in the "Classic" category, which is different from the "City" alternate package.

They probably are coming back, but does every team have 4 jerseys?  Hornets?  Grizzlies?

Yes, every team in the league will have four uniforms (Association, Icon, Statement, Community), and eight teams will have a fifth uniform, the throwback.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

gosh I hope not

I believe the Hollywood Nights jersey is definitely coming back. NBA Store has several Nike shirts that resemble uniforms and one of them is a black Lakers shirt. Of course, I could be wrong considering there's also a black Knicks one, but who knows?

http://store.nba.com/search/Nike Black Basketball Fan T-Shirt

productImages%2f_2714000%2fff_2714973a_f

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Here's hoping that the Celtics don't resurrect the gray.  I think that they may not, partly because it was a "pride" jersey.  Nike wants to get rid of anything that smacks of Adidas.

lel

I've been assuming the Celtics fourth would be the gold trim green jersey... they can't dump that, can they? Then again I've seen gray shirseys in last year's style with Hayward's number and name, so...

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I believe the Hollywood Nights jersey is definitely coming back. NBA Store has several Nike shirts that resemble uniforms and one of them is a black Lakers shirt. Of course, I could be wrong considering there's also a black Knicks one, but who knows?

I am kinda expecting the Knicks' fourth jersey to be black. You know it won't be orange -- given its' track record. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I will start looking for the nearest fallout shelter.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I've been assuming the Celtics fourth would be the gold trim green jersey... they can't dump that, can they? Then again I've seen gray shirseys in last year's style with Hayward's number and name, so...

I love that jersey!  I would have no objection to Celtics in gold full-time.  Problem is, though, that it's only ever been a St. Paddy's day jersey...

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yes, every team in the league will have four uniforms (Association, Icon, Statement, Community), and eight teams will have a fifth uniform, the throwback.

Oh no...I don't want to see a Grizzlies fourth jersey.

Archived