Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Wally1912 said:

How come the Lakers and Nike can't see there is a huge problem with the space at the top of numeral 9? The 6 does not have the same issue.

 

DLLsDhFUMAAH8cT.jpg

 

DLBPo3xU8AUEt24.jpg

 

 

 

The 6 is a different design than the 9.  The 9's hole is more circular

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes the 6 has the more circular holes. My guess is that they just flipped a 9 around sometimes. It's not just Nike. 

jordan_clarkson.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 2:13 AM, Tracy Jordan said:

The Suns' new uniforms looked really good tonight. 

 

usa_today_10326434.0.jpg

The jerseys are great, don't get me wrong but they are just a huge step down from the creativity seen in the Sunburst jerseys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eRay said:

Sometimes the 6 has the more circular holes. My guess is that they just flipped a 9 around sometimes. It's not just Nike. 

jordan_clarkson.jpg

I look things up better on a PC so I won't look for it right now, but a few years back Paul Lukas posted on one of his NBA previews the fonts for all the teams and the official Lakers font has the 6 look "normal" and the 9 look "holey."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

2) I JUST NOW noticed the Rockets' jerseys have traditional piping and the original design is minimalized on the side panel. It looks awful. They might as well completely change the look. 

 

I agree. The side panel piping is supposed to be a continuous loop around the armhole so to add sleeve trim and a truncated panel piping just leaves the complete uniform looking messy. This template is way due for an update. I dont know why it wasnt updated with the Nike rollout rather than just bastardized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 5:22 AM, Conrad. said:

 

As a Blazer fan, it's amazing how much I LOVE your mock-up and HATE what they actually went with.  The devil is in the details and the number outline and silver stripe legitimately ruin one of the best uniforms in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2017 at 10:17 AM, Wally1912 said:

How come the Lakers and Nike can't see there is a huge problem with the space at the top of numeral 9? The 6 does not have the same issue.

 

DLLsDhFUMAAH8cT.jpg

 

DLBPo3xU8AUEt24.jpg

 

 

 

On 10/4/2017 at 12:46 PM, sayahh said:

First thing that came to mind was Wonder Woman.

 

This has been an issue since the Adidas days, maybe even the later Reebok days iirc.

 

14 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

You mean the hole in the number is bigger on the 9 than the 6?

 

14 hours ago, eRay said:

Sometimes the 6 has the more circular holes. My guess is that they just flipped a 9 around sometimes. It's not just Nike. 

 

I think the A hole is bigger too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a full new page and it is ABSOLUTELY nothing new but ramble jargon on the size of a hole and the weak ass Blazers "update".. Man you guys sure know how to get me worked up for nothing.

 

IgMyx.gif

 

Ps. The ref unis are nice and Wizards warmups is are cold blooded!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

I think the A hole is bigger too.

Okay, so the Lakers moved to the big-holed 9 either in 2011-12 or perhaps as early as the 2009-10 season. There were no players wearing 9, 19, 29, etc. in 2009-10, but Sun Yue wore number 9 in the 2008-09 season and the number 9 looked normal back then. Matt Barnes press conference jersey in 2010 looked normal but not sure if he began wearing the big holed 9 in 2010-11 or 2011-12.

 

Here's the font guide from Paul Lukas ESPN preview article in December 2011:

6521446251_224f45e4aa_o.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody noticed that all the teams have been wearing white socks and accessories during the preseason so far? I wonder if that’s a Nike mandated thing, as they wanna “debut” the more team-specific sock and accessory colors during the regular season. If that’s the case, it seems like they’d at least let teams wear black socks and accessories for now as well, but I’ve only seen teams wearing white so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Has anybody noticed that all the teams have been wearing white socks and accessories during the preseason so far? I wonder if that’s a Nike mandated thing, as they wanna “debut” the more team-specific sock and accessory colors during the regular season. If that’s the case, it seems like they’d at least let teams wear black socks and accessories for now as well, but I’ve only seen teams wearing white so far.

 

I think you may be right on the team color accessories, as I've been wondering the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this was addressed earlier...but I notice the Pistons' new court has no "Little Caesars Arena" logos or markings on it...I thought the NBA had a rule which said that all courts had to have the arena's name on it at some point (the Sixers creatively got around this rule, while the Pistons seem to be ignoring it entirely).

 

Could someone please clarify whether or not it even is a rule?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Sorry if this was addressed earlier...but I notice the Pistons' new court has no "Little Caesars Arena" logos or markings on it...I thought the NBA had a rule which said that all courts had to have the arena's name on it at some point (the Sixers creatively got around this rule, while the Pistons seem to be ignoring it entirely).

 

Could someone please clarify whether or not it even is a rule?

 

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt it's a rule. If anything, the sponsors probably pay extra to have their name on the court.

 

The Pistons court does have corporate branding courtesy of Tom Gores' Platinum Equity.

 

Image result for detroit pistons little caesars court

 

How did the Sixers "creatively get around" the rule? Their court clearly says Wells Fargo Center.

 

482091dd98dfbf84a3134b82b093778559f9ea0d06b426bd99ded366c9ef3c51.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

 

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt it's a rule. If anything, the sponsors probably pay extra to have their name on the court.

 

The Pistons court does have corporate branding courtesy of Tom Gores' Platinum Equity.

 

Image result for detroit pistons little caesars court

 

How did the Sixers "creatively get around" the rule? Their court clearly says Wells Fargo Center.

 

482091dd98dfbf84a3134b82b093778559f9ea0d06b426bd99ded366c9ef3c51.png

I remember when "Wells Fargo Center' was in tiny, all-white...

Why can't the Pistons have "Platinum Equity" on one side and "Little Caesars Arena" on the other, I wonder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

 

How did the Sixers "creatively get around" the rule? Their court clearly says Wells Fargo Center.

 

482091dd98dfbf84a3134b82b093778559f9ea0d06b426bd99ded366c9ef3c51.png

A couple of years ago they had shrunk the logo and put it in white so that it was basically unreadable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.