Jump to content

NBA Changes 2017-18


Conrad.

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, The AFC South said:

Sorry for the tiny image, but the NBA store in Manhattan used the wrong number/NOB font for the Pacers and possibly more teams on a display.

jRrFwVx.png

The Goldendiana State Pacerriors. 

 

"We Grow Superteams Here."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Apparently the Timberwolves court can do this...

 

DMGjK_PVAAAS2u5.jpg:large

Are those lights in the floor? or are are they very concentrated, intense green lights focused on those small areas? I would think they are lights but I can't imagine the T-Wolves getting permission from the NBA to hhave certain parts of the floor not be wooden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Are those lights in the floor? or are are they very concentrated, intense green lights focused on those small areas? I would think they are lights but I can't imagine the T-Wolves getting permission from the NBA to hhave certain parts of the floor not be wooden.

This is most likely projection mapping the ATL Hawks do something similar down here for floor intros

 

 

EDIT: I did 2 seconds of research and found that it is lit from below!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ nah, sadly, it's not cost-effective to make bespoke designs for the G League. not enough people will buy them and the cost of designing (and manufacturing) just one template is WAY cheaper, obviously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I saw the Sixers jerseys in person, and I have to admit, I like the shadow a lot more in person than I did when they were revealed. 

 

I still don't think it's necessary, and the difference in weights between letters and numbers still bothers me, but it's not the minor disaster that I originally thought it was.

 

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

 

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, truepg said:

 

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

 

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

 

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

I would argue the Bucks are more modern than retro, but agree that it's extremely well executed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.