Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

mildly infuriating peeve of mine for many years now is the Rockets inconsistency in their uniform font.

 

 

before 2010 adidas material change:

 Rockets---3.jpg

 

 

James Harden 2017:

 

9258885-james-harden-nba-playoffs-housto

 

Look familiar? They just straight up copied the Pacers font. Look at the '13'.

 

122215_pg.jpg

 

 

 

Hopefully this nonsense gets fixed with Nike but I doubt it... I miss our old number font. It actually matched the 'Rockets' typeface. I like he pre-2010 collar more as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EvilChameleon said:

Completely undeserved.

 

Yeah totally. Might as well just have the All Star break in New Orleans permanently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

mildly infuriating peeve of mine for many years now is the Rockets inconsistency in their uniform font.

 

 

before 2010 adidas material change:

 Rockets---3.jpg

 

 

James Harden 2017:

 

9258885-james-harden-nba-playoffs-housto

 

Look familiar? They just straight up copied the Pacers font. Look at the '13'.

 

122215_pg.jpg

 

 

 

Hopefully this nonsense gets fixed with Nike but I doubt it... I miss our old number font. It actually matched the 'Rockets' typeface. I like he pre-2010 collar more as well.

 

Same here. I've always wondered one why they changed the number font and two why out of all the possible fonts they picked a number font another team already had been using. Makes no sense. 

 

Personally I wish they'd at least use the number font they had on their summer league jerseys in 2015. Not a perfect match with the word mark but would be an upgrade over using the same number font as another team. 

480800752-e1437397201274.jpg

920x920.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Bucks planning on making changes to their number color? This could very well just be NBA Live in the early stages, but all the other uniforms in the video look pretty accurate. Really hope this isn't the case, it'd be a big downgrade imo

bucks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

mildly infuriating peeve of mine for many years now is the Rockets inconsistency in their uniform font.

 

 

before 2010 adidas material change:

 Rockets---3.jpg

 

 

James Harden 2017:

 

9258885-james-harden-nba-playoffs-housto

 

Look familiar? They just straight up copied the Pacers font. Look at the '13'.

 

122215_pg.jpg

 

 

 

Hopefully this nonsense gets fixed with Nike but I doubt it... I miss our old number font. It actually matched the 'Rockets' typeface. I like he pre-2010 collar more as well.

Wow. Somehow I never noticed this before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Are the Bucks planning on making changes to their number color? This could very well just be NBA Live in the early stages, but all the other uniforms in the video look pretty accurate. Really hope this isn't the case, it'd be a big downgrade imo

bucks.jpg

Link to that NBA live 18 clip??!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

Are the Bucks planning on making changes to their number color? This could very well just be NBA Live in the early stages, but all the other uniforms in the video look pretty accurate. Really hope this isn't the case, it'd be a big downgrade imo

bucks.jpg

Considering they are this past years jerseys and not Nike uniforms for next year I'm just gonna say it's a error by EA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dont care said:

Considering they are this past years jerseys and not Nike uniforms for next year I'm just gonna say it's a error by EA

What else is new.

 

If it actually is indicative of a new Bucks uniform, it's 10 steps in the wrong direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Are the Bucks planning on making changes to their number color? This could very well just be NBA Live in the early stages, but all the other uniforms in the video look pretty accurate. Really hope this isn't the case, it'd be a big downgrade imo

bucks.jpg

They probably can't add the Nike Swoosh yet, but Cavs and Rockets jerseys look unchanged so I'm not sure if they made a mistake or forgot to change it back and thus accidentally leaked this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The AFC South said:

I'm assuming it's an error by EA, because they also messed up the Thunder uniforms.
ea.PNG.ad2d342afb9691acaccf8115a0ccd741.PNG

Uhh, what exactly is messed up about them? Everything looks right to me, from the wordmark, to the number font, to the collar and armhole trim, the side panels, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, upperV03 said:

Umm, what exactly is messed up about them? Everything looks right to me, from the wordmark, to the number font, to the collar and armhole trim, the side panels, etc.

The top of the trim should be navy and not the light blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The AFC South said:

The top of the trim should be navy and not the light blue.

I watched the video and it's definitely meant to be navy, it just looks lighter depending on the shadows and lighting they tried to simulate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2017 at 11:42 AM, tscuzzy said:

mildly infuriating peeve of mine for many years now is the Rockets inconsistency in their uniform font.

 

 

before 2010 adidas material change: [snip]

 

 

The rev30 change ruined their uniforms, without the shimmer they look really dull. At this point they should just change their whole set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I watched the video and it's definitely meant to be navy, it just looks lighter depending on the shadows and lighting they tried to simulate. 

It's clearly royal blue

IMG_3624.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dont care said:

It's clearly royal blue

IMG_3624.JPG

Again, it's just a matter of the simulated lighting and shadowing making the color appear lighter in certain shots. You can see in the images below that it's definitely meant to be darker than the light royal blue color. I agree that it should still be darker, but it does appear that it's intended to be navy.

IMG_4543.thumb.JPG.a4551dc3fafcedc4ca4518b4b07f0cbf.JPGIMG_4544.thumb.PNG.31847db3f2de0473af28605e3344813a.PNG

IMG_4545.thumb.PNG.693e542ced1cedea1462c434681af479.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's also NOTHING to be gleaned from the NBA Live 18 videos, because they've yet to incorporate the new Nike designs. They're using the old rev30 adidas uniforms in their build because they're working on 3D-rendering the different cut (and mesh template, likely) of the new uniforms. Disregard everything from them. Trust me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.