NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

^ correct, Jonah.

As far as I've heard, there will be no new wordmarks or design tweaks to the Hornets uniforms. I could be wrong, but I feel like I would have heard something by now, since I've confirmed news of the other 6 (or 7) teams making more-than-template changes for next season.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ correct, Jonah.

As far as I've heard, there will be no new wordmarks or design tweaks to the Hornets uniforms. I could be wrong, but I feel like I would have heard something by now, since I've confirmed news of the other 6 (or 7) teams making more-than-template changes for next season.

Routine check - we now know of Wolves, Blazers, Pistons, Cavs, Spurs...anyone I'm missing on the more-than-template changes that have gone public?  Of the remaining one or two teams to be unveiled, it seems like it will be Pacers, Thunder, Clippers or Suns...yay or nay?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Routine check - we now know of Wolves, Blazers, Pistons, Cavs, Spurs...anyone I'm missing on the more-than-template changes that have gone public?  Of the remaining one or two teams to be unveiled, it seems like it will be Pacers, Thunder, Clippers or Suns...yay or nay?

The Pacers and Clippers are both making changes, but I'm not sure about the Suns. The Thunder's primary uniforms are staying as is, unfortunately. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

40 minutes ago, Ark said:

How do I Dislike a post?

If they really wanted to use the Fiesta colors, they could... in a more subtle way. Maybe in the same way San Antonio's soccer team does it. 

But no need to bring back the entire logo itself. It's not exactly "timeless", so leave the 80s in the 80s, ya know?

36 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Pacers and Clippers are both making changes, but I'm not sure about the Suns. The Thunder's primary uniforms are staying as is, unfortunately. 

The Clippers are changing, you say...?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

40 minutes ago, 29texan said:

The Clippers are changing, you say...?

They're changing the base design of the uniforms, but the logos/wordmarks (and likely the number font as well) are pretty much staying the same.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 11/7/2016 at 9:03 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I may be late to this, but are the Nike logos actually going to be on the uniforms?  I imagined it was going to be like Adidas where the logos stayed off the on-court uniform.  I was pumped that Nike got the NBA deal, but if the logos are going to be that big I have to admit this already feels like a bit of a let down.

Pumped Nike got the NBA deal? They ruined the NFL (Rebook was far superior!!)

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It sounds like the Suns are getting rid of the rhombus, or very much de-emphasizing it.  Everything logo-related surrounding the draft is emphasizing the basketball sun and not much else.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/7/2016 at 10:37 AM, JerseyJosh said:

That swoosh looks stupid. Ironically, it makes it look like a knock off imo. They need to scale it down by at least 10-15%. Otherwise I have no problem with it. And where is the stub hub patch on the away?

Exactly, I have a pair of 2006 Mizzou basketball shorts with the swoosh on the the upper left corner, about 7/8ths of an inch wide, perfect!!!

That means new uniforms are confirmed. I do like the new wordmarks, but using both black and navy is stupid. Amazing that the C logo has lasted through three separate identities. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

DBLUsCGVwAAxQu2.jpg

Idc if those stupid sleeved jerseys were what was worn winning the finals last year, it's such a stupid addition and makes things even worse. I also dislike the beveling in the "CAVS" wordmark.

Archived