NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

I'd look for the Pacers to unveil the already seen new alternate logo and the new uniforms around draft day. If not, I wouldn't be surprised if Nike doesn't spoil the new designs of every team with the unveiling of the new uniform template, sorta like the NFL did in 2011.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

Man, I would love to see the fringe checkered pattern return from the jerseys during the first LeBron era.

Here's a view of the original Akron Goodyear Wingfoots (vs. Cleveland Pipers, '60/'61).

I smell an alternate.

Goodyear%2060-61%20Home%20Jim%20Francis,

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

29 minutes ago, LEWJ said:

Here's a view of the original Akron Goodyear Wingfoots (vs. Cleveland Pipers, '60/'61).

I smell an alternate.

Goodyear%2060-61%20Home%20Jim%20Francis,

I still find the ads annoying, but I suppose this is tolerable.

If it does become an alt, they need to ditch the gold outline on the type.

IMG_3958.JPG

The precedent of putting Goodyear across the front in modern times would creep me out -- ripe for one of those Cavaliers fauxback remix jerseys, though. At any rate I'm also hoping for a return of the checker pattern -- adding that to something similar to the current jerseys would be a nice mix of eras. Is it confirmed they're getting a whole new logo set? I do find the current set incongruous with the uniforms.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

The precedent of putting Goodyear across the front in modern times would creep me out -- ripe for one of those Cavaliers fauxback remix jerseys, though. At any rate I'm also hoping for a return of the checker pattern -- adding that to something similar to the current jerseys would be a nice mix of eras. Is it confirmed they're getting a whole new logo set? I do find the current set incongruous with the uniforms.

From the information I've heard, they are indeed getting a new logo set, including new wordmarks. I'm not sure how much of a change the new logos are from the current set, but I do know that the new wordmarks aren't quite as bland and uninspired as what's currently used on the uniforms and court. And I also know that the new wordmarks will not be the same as what LeBron wore in his first stint in Cleveland, and that there should be some more consistency between what's used in the logos and on the uniforms.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From the information I've heard, they are indeed getting a new logo set, including new wordmarks. I'm not sure how much of a change the new logos are from the current set, but I do know that the new wordmarks aren't quite as bland and uninspired as what's currently used on the uniforms and court. And I also know that the new wordmarks will not be the same as what LeBron wore in his first stint in Cleveland, and that there should be some more consistency between what's used in the logos and on the uniforms.

Should be interesting.

12 minutes ago, Derek said:

Do you have any link or source about a Cavs rebrand? Not doubting you, just would like to see it.

I have a couple of friends who work in sports retail, so just relaying some of the information from some of the products they've been able to see. That's also how I know the Clippers are getting new uniforms but the logos/wordmarks are pretty much staying the same. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I think the Suns are tweaking the black on the home unis to purple. Black will be saved for the alternate uniform. 

That would certainly be a welcome move.  It was inexcusable not to have any purple on that home uniform.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Cavs with the V being a basket?

uni-wine-2015-16.png

So good.

Cleveland sports for life!
"Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind." -The Doctor

7 hours ago, labc93 said:

The Washington Wizards are also tweaking some aspects of their home and away jerseys. There's also a chance they might introduce a new secondary logo or replace the primary logo. ( According to some season ticket representatives). 

THEY JUST REPLACED THE PRIMARY!  WHY?!?

52 minutes ago, EvilChameleon said:

uni-wine-2015-16.png

So good.

Unfortunately my friends haven't been able to give me any more specific details than what I posted earlier. That would certainly be a welcome move though if they modernized that wordmark, but I'm not sure how likely that is. I'm personally not expecting the new logos and wordmarks to be all that different from the current. I could easily see them just adjusting everything to be a bit more consistent throughout the logo set, uniforms, and court while also adding some more modern touches that don't go too heavy on the "Cavalier" theme like the current logos and early LeBron era wordmarks arguably did. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, EvilChameleon said:

uni-wine-2015-16.png

So good.

Put on some checkerboard trim and let them wear a gold version at home. Love that logo in wine & gold.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Unfortunately my friends haven't been able to give me any more specific details than what I posted earlier. That would certainly be a welcome move though if they modernized that wordmark, but I'm not sure how likely that is. I'm personally not expecting the new logos and wordmarks to be all that different from the current. I could easily see them just adjusting everything to be a bit more consistent throughout the logo set, uniforms, and court while also adding some more modern touches that don't go too heavy on the "Cavalier" theme like the current logos and early LeBron era wordmarks arguably did. 

As much as I like the current logo, I do feel that the Cavs do need an update. Especially, it works with the renovations coming up to the Q. I also hate that we use two different wordmarks for everything. We sell the logo wordmark in our store, but we also use the jersey wordmark on some t-shirts. I would like to see am updated version of the 2003 jerseys, but it won't happen. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

4 minutes ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

numbers_1_130920.jpg?w=540

52031460-cleveland-cavaliers-shawn-kemp-

feb-2002-this-is-a-close-up-of-forward-r

Cleveland-Cavaliers-1999-2003-Road-Away-

Everything since has sucked. 

I agree.... I wish they would go back to orange and blue. Their current color scheme, even though it's classic, it's boring and dated.

27 minutes ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

20 minutes ago, The AFC South said:

I agree.... I wish they would go back to orange and blue. Their current color scheme, even though it's classic, it's boring and dated.

You guys lost? Here, let me see if I can help you out:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

45 minutes ago, San Diego said:

These are all sweet 

To each their own, but these aren't better than the current set, although they might be better than the Clipper's.

10 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

I think the Suns are tweaking the black on the home unis to purple. Black will be saved for the alternate uniform. 

According to this photo sent in by a reader named Brett Knowles to UniWatch, it's going to go back to purple.  Not sure if primary logo or not, though.

DAD6qQ3XgAAbbNI.jpg

Archived