2016-17 NCAA Basketball Thread: This is March.

RyanMcD29

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Finally we have a great finish, to what has been a pretty forgettable tournament up to this point.

You want upsets opposed to drama.

Each of the three Michigan games had drama.

Vanderbilt/Northwestern had drama.

Gonzaga/WVU had drama with poor execution

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

You want upsets opposed to drama.

Each of the three Michigan games had drama.

Vanderbilt/Northwestern had drama.

Gonzaga/WVU had drama with poor execution

The team leading in the final seconds won all those games. Pedestrian "madness" in comparison to previous tourneys.  Wiscy just filpped the game with 2.5 to go.

6uXNWAo.png

What a :censored:ing game... 

Florida getting the early tip on Sunday seems like a huge disadvantage, they just played an exhausting OT game and then they'll have to play again with about 36 hours of rest, compare that to South Carolina getting a pretty snug win and hours of additional rest... it might not matter but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Florida has tired legs in the second half. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

The moment that Wiscy player did Aaron Rodgers' championship belt maneuver, I knew the Badgers were taking an L.

34 minutes ago, dfwabel said:

Uncle Verne!!!!

Incase you didn't hear him on-air the first 367 times, we have an all-SEC Elite Eight game.

6uXNWAo.png

The NCAA Tournament is the best sporting event of the year.  But I said that more emphatically when my school was going to NITs.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Little dissapointated in UCLA/Kentucky.

Once AGAIN, it's Calipari and his joyless one-and-done factory winning.

I mean, UCLA had a lot of guys who had been around for multiple years- yet it's the other guys who move on.

So much for Kentucky lacking a big guy this year.

6 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Little dissapointated in UCLA/Kentucky.

Once AGAIN, it's Calipari and his joyless one-and-done factory winning.

I mean, UCLA had a lot of guys who had been around for multiple years- yet it's the other guys who move on.

So much for Kentucky lacking a big guy this year.

UCLA was only there because of their one-and-dones (Ball and Leaf). Plus Steve Alford is a complete :censored:.

32 minutes ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Saturday is the biggest game in Gonzaga history.... unless they play beyond tomorrow.

I firmly believe Mark Few (finally) takes the Indiana job if Gonzaga tanks vs Xavier -- assuming Indiana still wants him after turning them down the last two times.

6uXNWAo.png

Well... If you guys need me, I'll be in a seething rage after that little worthless POS school from Spokane finally broke through.

I hope they get curb stomped in Glendale and then NEVER MAKE IT BACK!!!!!

On 3/19/2017 at 1:13 AM, LMU said:

I am officially getting sick of the irrational praise being heaped on Mark Few.

He makes the tournament every year?  With how awful the WCC is of course he does.  Only 5/10 teams in the conference finished the regular season over .500 with the bottom 4 at 13-18, 9-22, 11-22, and 11-22.  Pacific, Santa Clara, and San Francisco all had a new coach this year and other than Few, Bennett, and Rose no coach has a tenure longer than 5 years max.

In Few's tenure, he's only cracked the Elite Eight once.  He was bounced from the first round 3 times, bounced from the second round 8 times, and made 6 Sweet Sixteens.  Since he took over for Monson Marquette, Louisville, George Mason, Memphis, Butler, VCU, and Wichita State managed to get Final Four bids from mid major conferences (counting C-USA as one).

All I keep hearing from the talking heads is how amazing a job that he's doing with what he has and how he has such life balance with his fly fishing hobby.  This leads me to two conclusions: 1. Gonzaga has topped out in where it can go from the WCC and needs to look into upgrading its conference to have a shot at growth, and 2. Few is complacent with being a perennial choker and won't look for a better job since it would add to his workload and take away from his hobbies.  If that's what he wants to do with his life, that's fine.  Let's just stop giving him credit for overcoming obstacles that he put on his own success.

Mark Few: "what up, LMU"

33 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Hell freezes over if the final is Gonzaga-Oregon. Would love to see the West Coast get that kinda love, but ZERO chance.

I'm sure it'll be North Carolina over Florida.

46 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Hell freezes over if the final is Gonzaga-Oregon. Would love to see the West Coast get that kinda love, but ZERO chance.

Well, if that quarter of my bracket holds up, at least Oregon will be in the final.  First time ever I've gotten one quarter of the bracket right up to the Final Four.

ncaa.jpg

Archived