What Is The Worst NHL Logo Ever?

Bruins

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2016 at 3:53 PM, Rj0498 said:

I think we have the winner right here but, here is mine just in case

Phoenix Coyotes (2000 - 2003)

I always have a hard time criticizing this one since it fit in so perfectly for the time period it was used.  Obviously if a team unveiled something like this today it would get torn apart to no end on here.  Same goes for a lot of other NHL and NBA stuff from the '90s.

The Kachina Coyote is a very effective logo. The flaw in the Coyotes' original branding was never that logo, or even their uniform design, but rather that their color palette was way too busy to be effective. They were black, brick red, brown, dark green, purple, and sand. They could have been like the Blackhawks and had a colorful crest against a simplified color palette but they got carried away. One non-white team color is striking minimalism. Two colors are ideal. Three colors are good if done right. Four colors are probably too many. Five colors are definitely too many. Six colors are interior design.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

This guys tried to use it as a D in his run for congress

delfinepng-e221c7d53ae3b8cf.png

If you flip a C around, it looks like a D? My god...stop the presses! This makes it terrible! 

And if you flip around the Canadiens logo, it looks like a toilet seat or a happy face?! That one is now terrible, too!

The Jackets' first logo is dumb, I admit, but it definitely has a Civil War era vibe to it. The star one is kinda abstract, but every piece of it makes sense, even if you don't really see the C the flag makes, and it looks pretty decent on a sweater. You can't say that for many of the logos in this thread.

Personally, I've always been disappointed that the Coyotes have never worn a jersey even close to the jersey worn in their original logo.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

On December 11, 2016 at 6:02 PM, ScubaSteve said:

I know I'll get hate for this one, but it's so incredibly lazy

283.png

Agreed.  This is a terrible logo saved by a great colour scheme.  That being said, I think they did an excellent job with the 2007 update.  Angling the stick and increasing its size makes the blue area finally look like a 'C.'  The outlines also add some much-needed dimension.

DvCmwNF.gif

18 hours ago, hockey week said:

Personally, I've always been disappointed that the Coyotes have never worn a jersey even close to the jersey worn in their original logo.

That is a great idea! That would be a pretty interesting look for an outdoor game... not that I envision Arizona being a part of an outdoor game any time soon.

Archived