Jump to content

What Is The Worst NHL Logo Ever?


Bruins

Recommended Posts

Are we talking about Primary Logos? Secondary Logos? Any logos? 

8558_dallas_stars-alternate-2004.png

1) Mootaurus was a cool idea but poorly executed. This would be the worst logo in the NHL's history.... but wait til the end.

 

2) Buff-a-slug is bad but it wouldn't be as terrible if that logo wasn't put on such a terrible uniform design. If the "hump" wasn't as drastic, the logo could have worked.The head/face area is just a modern update. Everything after that is just....gross.

 

3) Anyone complaining about the Seals logo not looking like an actual Seal...Just stop. I'd hate to see what you think about the Coyotes kachina jerseys/logo lol. Such a beautiful logo. 

 

 

 

Finally my choice for the worst logo ever is:

Spoiler

162.png

 

Why god why? No need to add silver to this classic logo. Just NO! Forever the worst IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bruins said:

 

Pooh is spelled with an h, it took me a while to figure out what you meant, lol. He looks deranged, that's where it loses me

I actually left out the h for trademark reasons, you must be crazy to use the word pooh in a NHL thread, soon lawyers will be knocking on your door, yelling about trademarks and claiming they used the word first.   

;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one's I'd consider worse has definitely already been posted.

 

The nordiques logo is like the brewers BiG logo, people either love it or hate it.

The one nordiques logo I would put in here though is heir unused 1996 logo since they ran to Colorado.

 

288.gif

It's just so generically 90s to me, are they the timberwolves? That's not what a Nordique is, and WHY does the I look like a golf tee?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, twi said:

The wonky Hamilton Tiger. Like the "fuzzy Bruin" listed above that thing could definitely scare small children. 

 

Which wonky Hamilton Tiger logo?

 

If you are referring to either of these, they were never like that:

z6k2ifu5yjhbrffneoslajvfv.gif

 

HAM-T_1920_1921.gif

 

They were actually a lot more like this:

Jake-Forbes.jpg?id=453a91c1-f2c9-4d0b-9d

and this:

 

 Hamilton%20Tigers%201920-21%20jersey.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, worcat said:

Are we talking about Primary Logos? Secondary Logos? Any logos? 

8558_dallas_stars-alternate-2004.png

1) Mootaurus was a cool idea but poorly executed. This would be the worst logo in the NHL's history.... but wait til the end.

 

2) Buff-a-slug is bad but it wouldn't be as terrible if that logo wasn't put on such a terrible uniform design. If the "hump" wasn't as drastic, the logo could have worked.The head/face area is just a modern update. Everything after that is just....gross.

 

3) Anyone complaining about the Seals logo not looking like an actual Seal...Just stop. I'd hate to see what you think about the Coyotes kachina jerseys/logo lol. Such a beautiful logo. 

 

 

 

Finally my choice for the worst logo ever is:

  Hide contents

162.png

 

Why god why? No need to add silver to this classic logo. Just NO! Forever the worst IMO.

I feel like this is what would have happened if the NHL did the whole Turn Ahead The Clock thing. *shudder*

 

6 hours ago, dont care said:

Then have it be an actual poll not a like contest

This is so I can get a feel of what logos are the most hated in a microcosm before I start the poll, and also so I don't miss anything or include a logo unnecessarily

 

2 hours ago, Coast2CoastAM2006 said:

I think we are at the "post logos I don't like" portion of the thread. 

Yeah, again this isn't a logo that particularly rubs you the wrong way, it's what you think the community hates the most. Otherwise this thread will get flooded

 

5 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The one's I'd consider worse has definitely already been posted.

 

The nordiques logo is like the brewers BiG logo, people either love it or hate it.

The one nordiques logo I would put in here though is heir unused 1996 logo since they ran to Colorado.

 

288.gif

It's just so generically 90s to me, are they the timberwolves? That's not what a Nordique is, and WHY does the I look like a golf tee?

Unused logos won't count here because they were never actually used as an NHL logo. But that is awful

 

I think we are getting to the point where personal opinions could start to dominate, so let's stop the posting of new logos and start focusing on liking logos that were already posted.

 

Thx everyone!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

I feel like this could be redone and turn out really cool.  I like the concept even if the execution was bad.

 

I think whats so bad about that logo for me is that it didn't fit in with the kings identity at all. The 90's were so literal when it came to logos, the kings had a king logo, the oilers an oiler, the islanders an islander, the blue jackets a yellow jacket, and they ruined identities that didn't need to be messed with.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bruins said:

 

I think whats so bad about that logo for me is that it didn't fit in with the kings identity at all.

 

Fair point...but the point of the alternate jerseys was to do something a little different.  The Burger King logo with the robe-like jersey was out-of-the-box and pretty cool, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.