Jump to content

Defunct company rebrands *REQUESTS TAKEN*


b0ss pls
 Share

Recommended Posts

What about Kmart? No wait, that still exists for some reason... 

 

Circuit City looks good. I remember there being one right next to a Toys R Us in St. Louis. As a kid I'd bounce back and forth between the two stores to find the cheaper video games. 

 

I've never heard of Ames but I looked it up  and the concept you've done looks like a plausible move for the brand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hoo boy, I'm sure you'll have a gold mine just running through all of the department stores Macy's gobbled up in the mid-2000s (and some before).

Marshall Field's, Robinson-May, Foley's, Hecht's, Goldsmith's, Kaufmann's....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Heitert said:

What about Kmart? No wait, that still exists for some reason... 

 

Circuit City looks good. I remember there being one right next to a Toys R Us in St. Louis. As a kid I'd bounce back and forth between the two stores to find the cheaper video games. 

 

I've never heard of Ames but I looked it up  and the concept you've done looks like a plausible move for the brand. 

Aw you kinda beat me to the joke I was going to do.

 

sears-logo.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

Goldsmith's and Robinson's/May are definitely my favorites. Well done, this might prove to be an interesting series.

 

Any chance you'd be willing to take a crack at Blockbuster?

I'm avoiding Blockbuster because it's really not dead. There's a good handful of locations still left in the USA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, b0ss pls said:

I'm avoiding Blockbuster because it's really not dead. There's a good handful of locations still left in the USA.

They officially shut down all operations in 2013 though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ZionEagle said:

They officially shut down all operations in 2013 though.

Ok then, I'll do it, but know that there is still active Blockbuster locations still

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some really good work up there, You do a great job keeping the character of the story and still making something that you wouldn't stop and stare at for all the wrong reasons.

 

I'd love to see:

 

- Cingular 

- Sym's

- Gimbels Brothers department stores

- J&R (a huge electronics store that shut down a few years ago)

- Sleepy's

- A&P grocery chain

- Borders bookstores

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, b0ss pls said:

Ok then, I'll do it, but know that there is still active Blockbuster locations still

There are, but they're related in name only; those stores are just independently operated and merely licensing the name for use in their stores.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeFrank said:

How are you making these? They remind me quite a bit of a logo creation website I saw recently.

Photoshop. If it looks like this website you saw, that is coincidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're different, that's for sure. For most, it looks like you just picked a font at random and just typed in the company name. All your apostrophes are nothing more than slightly tapered vertical tick marks instead of looking more like commas, which reiterates the "just typed in a word" look.

 

Bradlees isn't possessive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.