Oakland Raiders concept stadium renderings

South of South Street

South of South Street here again.  For my protest of the Raiders move to Las Vegas I designed my fantasy "keep them in Oakland" stadium.  It sits on the triangle formed by Grand, Mandela and Wood Streets in West Oakland.  ( I've never been to Oakland so I don't know if this is a good location but it seemed interesting that you could see it from the bay bridge and the interstates).  It seats just under 70k and has no seat for Mark Davis.  I went with SAP as the corporate sponsor kept the "coliseum" name in lieu of stadium or field.  I used the cookie cutter days of stadium design as my stepping off point and thought of the seating as "wrapped" in a net of stone that acts as the architecture for the interior spaces.  I have not yet completed the interior public space renderings yet.  But soon!

And of course I have no idea where everyone will park.

a few answers to questions I always get.

1.  These take a enormous amount of time.  Keep in my that I am an Architect.

2.  I use autocad, autodesk max and a lot of photoshop.

South of South Street

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

It seems like the Brutalist style is disproportionately popular among the architect community... it is really starting to win me over. The project itself is visually appealing and I think it aptly reflects the gritty mythos of the Raiders organization, but I just don't see a team taking this minimalist an approach in the 21st century, especially with destination stadiums becoming all the rage.

OK, this is probably gonna sound negative, but I really don't like the outside, it just kind of gives off a "why bother" vibe, if you're going for a coliseum look model the the Roman style completely

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

I'm gonna agree, the stone work on the facade leaves a lot to be desired. It almost looks a tad like a prison from the outside. Overall an interesting concept, thanks for sharing! 

1 hour ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

I'm gonna agree, the stone work on the facade leaves a lot to be desired. It almost looks a tad like a prison from the outside. Overall an interesting concept, thanks for sharing! 

Somewhere there's a joke to be made about Oakland......

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

I do feel the outside could use a little flair, but it does give a modern and unique feel right now. I think the design in general is brilliant. I love it (and hate the Raiders all at the same time). Maybe build the walls up a bit higher? Add some big banners/LED signs or something. I think it needs to be more "Raider-fied" Regardless, this is a great start. Definitely excited to see what you have in store for the interior

I think once team and sponsor branding was attached the stone facade will disappear a bit. That's not a bad thing. Seat color changes will help on the inside as well as adboards and video boards.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived