Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

2 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

That's not fair at all. If it's good, people will say so. These aren't. The last set went to the extremes with gimmicks and patches and colors. This set went to the extreme without outlines, no stripes, lack of color.

These practice jerseys are the same. White with black numbers, teal with white numbers. No stripes, no outlines. If anything, they have more personality with the shoulder caps than the new ones.

I said yesterday on a jags forum on Facebook that the practice jerseys actually have more design in them than the actual jerseys. Smh

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm guessing you didn't read the last 15 pages of this thread that talked about those same images? :D

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, crashcarson15 said:

Just popping in to note that when the jerseys are officially unveiled, we'll open up a new thread for the unveiling, leading with the SL.net news bot post, and close this speculation thread.

*starts taps*

1 hour ago, hort22 said:

not a jags fan just a uniform fan like i suspect most of us on here...seen this mock on reddit...would it have killed them to just use these?

i0ltjds7yns01.jpg

These would've been GREAT.  I think the new sets will settle in and have a chance to become fairly iconic.  I think we were all just expecting something zany and we're betting something so basic and bland that we're shellshocked.  Still, this concept would've been stellar as it fixed the pant stripe and returned to the original look of the franchise while updating the dated components, namely the pant stripe and number font, keeping the current Nike font that has become synonymous with the team currently and is used in their branding.  I could even do without the full-body jaguar on the sleeve and settled for only the stripes or even just the helmet logo, albeit a redundant solution.

7 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

Just popping in to note that when the jerseys are officially unveiled, we'll open up a new thread for the unveiling, leading with the SL.net news bot post, and close this speculation thread.

Noooooo. This thread is a work of CCSLC art.

If you were going to put one thread into a time capsule, it'd be this one.

8 minutes ago, crashcarson15 said:

I know you're a board mod but I wonder about things like this - does the team provide a graphics package so you have something to throw up like 1-5 minutes after the unveiling, so you have copy and everything ready to go?  Or is it something that has to be put together and so it takes 30-60 minutes after the news?

Behind the scenes... hmm.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, JagAaron33 said:

I believe Gupti first brought this news in the 2017 NFL thread.  Credit to him for putting it here first.  I have just typed it up and included a few links to Twitter threads.

According to Twitter account @madebytim, the Jacksonville Jaguars will be changing uniforms next offseason.

The current talk is that this information is being disseminated during stadium tours, although there is no current official word.  This is the 5th year of the current set so a change is possible.

A quick rundown of the rumors indicate that Tom Coughlin has some significant input into the process, with the knowledge that he wants something "more traditional," does not like the emphasis on the gold and wants more teal in the design, and that this will be a complete change of the look.

There are quite possibly some elements that could stay (the current away uniform is a pretty incredible update of the classic away uniform), including the "JAGS shield."  

One thing that is pretty much a sure change is the helmet.  

Both Tim of the @madebytim Twitter and Alfie Crow of Big Cat Country, the Jags' SB Nation site, have said they were sitting on the news.  Link: https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status/913435220334010369

Initial thread here:

A bit more from London trip here:

Most of the info can be found by clicking around that Twitter account.  Again, nothing official but exciting to get rid of that helmet.

Checks out

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Archived