XFL 2020 Season

ozzyman314

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Matthew24 said:

Which makes me wonder something. Why the heck is Summer Football not a thing? I know Baseball and Soccer might be an issue but it would make more sense.

They don't have to worry about the CFL at all and still play for 10 weeks while fans would not have to freeze their butts off watching Spring (more like still Winter) Football.

I don't know. But summertime would make more sense to me as a fan of american football the springtime football.

Summer football is a thing, but it's not played in the United States:

At least the stands look a lot fuller now. DC traffic makes New York's look like a rural road in Iowa so that might've been why it looked so empty at kickoff.

EDIT: Apparently the Navy Yard Metro Station lost power and that is one of the closest stations to Audi Field. Explains a lot.

9 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

At least the stands look a lot fuller now. DC traffic makes New York's look like a rural road in Iowa so that might've been why it looked so empty at kickoff.

DC could end up being an outlier attendance-wise.  They have the smallest stadium in the XFL at 20,000 so if they get somewhere between 12,000-18,000, that would be great for them.  For Seattle, the hope is that attendance at Century Link Field will be the same as the Sounders.  However, the XFL may have serious attendance issues with the Guardians because they play at Met Life.  St. Louis is hoping to sell out the lower bowl, mainly as an F-U to Kroenke and the NFL.  

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

After watching the XFL for a week, I could see a few XFL QB's being better than what Detroit and Pittsburgh have as backups. 

Said before Matt McGloin's first half and throwing of the OC under the bus.

4 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Week 1 was an event.

On his podcast this week, Kornheiser thought they papered the building. 

Some XFL fans I know said when the league was building that it was a threat to the CFL for talent.......yeah, that hasn't happened.  Sure, the CFL has lost quite a few players over the last month or so, but that was to the NFL and not XFL.  They were disappointed when Chris Streveler signed with the Arizona Cardinals instead of the XFL.  

Archived