Teal

• LMU unlocked this topic
  • 10 months later...
6 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

As a result of this, will there be a review of 'insider information' to see if the Jets stuff was accurate or horse-hockey, potentially leading to a longer suspension?

I'm personally trying to keep track of his claims to see what washes out when they are actually unveiled. We'll have to wait and see what happens there.

• 11 months later...
  • LMU unlocked this topic

Just curious - the mod team has said repeatedly that they researched his claims and it's 50/50.  Not challenging it (seems about right from my memory) but is there any list that shows which ones were right and which wrong?  I'm assuming it exists if there's such certainty about his record.  Has nothing to do with the sanctions - dude's an ass - but just curious what ones went into that math.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

20 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just curious - the mod team has said repeatedly that they researched his claims and it's 50/50.  Not challenging it (seems about right from my memory) but is there any list that shows which ones were right and which wrong?  I'm assuming it exists if there's such certainty about his record.  Has nothing to do with the sanctions - dude's an ass - but just curious what ones went into that math.

Here's what we've managed to document (the commentary is from multiple moderators):

• Dec. 3, 2018: "The Jets are changing the shade of green. It’s much lighter." [1] / "It’s close to Kelly. Not as bright." [2] HALF TRUE: Shade of green did change, and it is somewhat close to kelly green, but I wouldn't say it's much lighter.

Dec. 4, 2018: "Just a FYI, the [Golden State] Warriors are getting new unis next season." [3] MOSTLY FALSE: fonts and colors updated but uniform elements unchanged (that, and every NBA team gets new uniforms every year).

Dec. 22, 2018: "Is  there a white set, a green set and dare I say it... a black set for 2019. The new shade of green is titled “SPORT GREEN”." [4] MOSTLY TRUE: Black set was unveiled. Some merchandise is listed as "sport green" on third-party sites but I haven't seen anything from the Jets themselves officially calling it that.

Oct. 9, 2019: Minnesota Timberwolves' 2019-2020 City edition uniforms will be "sky blue" [6] TRUE

Oct. 11, 2019: Boston Celtics' 2019-2020 City edition uniforms will be black [7] FALSE

(There's quite a few that didn't get posted in the thread which would average to about 50%)

Then, here's what we've documented that hasn't been unveiled yet:

Dec. 15, 2019: Re: New Rams' logo for 2020: "Been a while since I saw the logo but I remember the A connecting to the Rams horn. It is very modern." [8]

• Dec. 25, 2019: Rams to go with "slightly lighter blue" in 2020 [9]

• Dec. 29, 2019: Browns not changing logo in 2020 [10]

• Dec. 29, 2019: "[N]ew logo and unis are coming" for Buccaneers (no timeline given) [11]

• Dec. 29-30, 2019: An NFL team that is not the Browns, Rams, Chargers or Buccaneers is "getting a complete rebrand"  [12] / "It's the Falcons" [13] TRUE: but a bit of an ego-trip lording the information over the community

The thing to keep in mind is that the insider information isn't at all what led to our intervention.  It's the superiority complex, attitude, and thread derailing that forced our hand.

VmWIn6B.png

I'd say that claim about the Warriors is mostly true, not mostly false. They got new home and road unis (true). All of their uniforms are technically new for 2019-20, with an updated logo and new fonts and new colors and the new Bay uni...that isn't just "meh, that's false". 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I’m not sure what the latest offense was that caused the suspension. Only thing I saw was some post from the nfl changes thread that said the chiefs weren’t changing after FormerLurker posted a helmet and was all “OMG I told you the chiefs were getting a full rebrand, see matte helmets!!!” Where it turned out it was the regular helmet and the lighting made it look matte and is a bigger offense to me. Not saying it wasn’t deserved (probably was) Just that I never saw what lead up to this suspension.

It might just be me, but most of these seem fair, all the half true and sorta false, seem like just like being harsh. The only one he’s gotten wrong of the ones you’ve shown is the Celtics one. I can see why people think he’s a jerk but at least I (and I know some others too) appreciate some insight into the redesigns, and teal seems like a pretty reliable source. It’s better than these leaks and reddit posts.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

10 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

It might just be me, but most of these seem fair, all the half true and sorta false, seem like just like being harsh. The only one he’s gotten wrong of the ones you’ve shown is the Celtics one. I can see why people think he’s a jerk but at least I (and I know some others too) appreciate some insight into the redesigns, and teal seems like a pretty reliable source. It’s better than these leaks and reddit posts.

is 50/50 reliable?

I don't care either way - 'ignore' works fine for me.

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

is 50/50 reliable?

I don't care either way - 'ignore' works fine for me.

I mean, I don’t think 50/50 is a fair representation of his predictions, considering what the mods have provided as his examples so far.

But I don’t think suspending a guy for being a jerk is the correct procedure, he feeds off the attention, all attention is good attention for him it seems and having a whole argument about him doesn’t help. If you don’t like the predictions, ignore him, and if he’s still a jerk after that, then suspend him

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I’m not sure what the latest offense was that caused the suspension. Only thing I saw was some post from the nfl changes thread that said the chiefs weren’t changing after FormerLurker posted a helmet and was all “OMG I told you the chiefs were getting a full rebrand, see matte helmets!!!” Where it turned out it was the regular helmet and the lighting made it look matte and is a bigger offense to me. Not saying it wasn’t deserved (probably was) Just that I never saw what lead up to this suspension.

Beyond past reputation and derailing the thread with his ego-trip driven guessing game, this prompted the vote:

On 12/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, Teal said:

So I post info that I know... I get a warning.... I reveal the team that is getting updated looks and now I get threatened? "Got it" seriously what is the problem that you lot have with me? I will NEVER reveal my sources so theres that. I will probably be banned yet again. What crime have I committed exactly?

On 12/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, Atomic said:

Do not post another response in this thread. End of discussion. 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:03 AM, Teal said:

I know I've been "banned" from posting in this thread but I need to put an end to this madness.

The chiefs are NOT changing! 

VmWIn6B.png

3 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I mean, I don’t think 50/50 is a fair representation of his predictions, considering what the mods have provided as his examples so far.

But I don’t think suspending a guy for being a jerk is the correct procedure, he feeds off the attention, all attention is good attention for him it seems and having a whole argument about him doesn’t help. If you don’t like the predictions, ignore him, and if he’s still a jerk after that, then suspend him

but ... isn't that what happened?

It's where I sit.

Archived