mr.nascar13

Death of the Alliance of American Football

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Right now, there's a lot of anger and frustration towards the NFL over its officiating among other things. That's why I'm personally optimistic about the AAF.

 

Plus I still miss the WLAF.

 

So the NFL, the top professional football in the world, has had anger aimed towards it over officiating, where you (collective) would assume the top professional refs would be. 

 

So if the NFL is having referee issues, I can't see this new league having better refs. Remember the replacement refs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

 

Right now, there's a lot of anger and frustration towards the NFL over its officiating among other things. That's why I'm personally optimistic about the AAF.

 

Plus I still miss the WLAF.

I'm starting to find myself leaning more towards minor leagues. The players try and aren't babied with millions of dollars, plus no one cares about them so it takes a lot of the suspicious activity out of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another coach leaving?

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/01/reports-former-auburn-great-cadillac-williams-to-be-tigers-new-running-backs-coach.html

 

EDIT: And Kitna leaves for the Cowboys.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-new-oc-hire-to-come-from-within?sf206430618=1

 

Quote

Now, to be fair, that’s not the full picture. Jones did confirm one outside addition Tuesday by addressing the report that the Cowboys had hired former quarterback Jon Kitna to join their coaching staff.

“We’ve got a commitment from Kitna to join us,” he said.

 

Edited by dfwabel
Second coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

The hiring by the NFL of AAF coaches greatly enhances the new league's credibility.

 

Players and Coaches. Plus airing games on NFL Network as they’re reportedly close to signing to do, doesn’t hurt either. Particularly when you competition is owned by the WWE and likely to be aired on the same network as said fake wresting due to synergies of their TV deals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.prweb.com/releases/sneaky_big_named_official_live_production_partner_for_the_alliance_of_american_football/prweb16055271.htm

 

Quote

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (PRWEB) January 24, 2019

SNEAKY BIG is joining forces with The Alliance of American Football as the official studio home and production hub for games and commentary. Broadcasted on CBS and CBS Sports Network, SNEAKY BIG will host all of the pre, post and halftime shows from its Scottsdale, Arizona studio and will manage the various levels of production required for the live broadcast of games.

Founded in 2016 by well-known businessman Bob Parsons, SNEAKY BIG is recognized as one of the largest and most technologically advanced production facilities in the country. Totaling more than 15,000 square feet, the facility features a 4,000-square-foot sound stage, 540-square-foot recording studio and the most cutting-edge production and broadcast equipment available.

“We want to change the way fans watch and interact with football, and a part of that was finding the right team to deliver innovative broadcast and production solutions,” said Ken Aagaard, co-head of production, The Alliance. “It was an easy decision to partner with SNEAKY BIG as it is one of the only facilities in the country able to provide the equipment, technology and offer a full suite of capabilities necessary to meet The Alliance’s live production needs, all under one roof.”

The goal of The Alliance is to integrate traditional TV broadcast with digital components such as live streaming and mobile apps to create a more dynamic fan experience. Using remote production methods will allow The Alliance to develop this multifaceted program within a significantly lower budget than larger national sports leagues. The first game of the season will air on CBS Sports Network on Saturday, February 9. To learn more visit aaf.com or sneakybig.com.

1

Bob Parsons is the man behind GoDaddy. A bizjournals story from Phoenix mentioned that all announce teams would not be in stadium as they would be in Scottsdale along with the SkyCam operator.

Edited by dfwabel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Legends are running a $6.80 special for home opener tickets, so I snatched some up to see my boy Aaron Murray play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Nick Folk has signed with Arizona. I wonder how many more veteran kickers will come on board? I don't see very many young kickers sticking it out in the AAF, where there will be a lot less kicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Looks like Nick Folk has signed with Arizona. I wonder how many more veteran kickers will come on board? I don't see very many young kickers sticking it out in the AAF, where there will be a lot less kicking.

 

Unfortunately for kickers I think they're not going to be finding much work with AAF of XFL. It's going to mainly be guys whose NFL career is over or will never happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salt Lake and Memphis had a scrimmage at the Alamodome today

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 11:47 AM, bosrs1 said:
On 1/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, sohiosportsfreak said:

Looks like Nick Folk has signed with Arizona. I wonder how many more veteran kickers will come on board? I don't see very many young kickers sticking it out in the AAF, where there will be a lot less kicking.

 

Unfortunately for kickers I think they're not going to be finding much work with AAF of XFL. It's going to mainly be guys whose NFL career is over or will never happen. 

 

The AAF will still have field goals and punts.  But maybe we'll see the return of players with multiple skills, like third-string quarterbacks who will have to be able to kick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memphis' uniforms are my early favorite. 

 

That helmet is what the Jets should've done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is cut day for the league.

 

As for the production....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Turner and Bleacher Report have signed on with AAF. Turner will broadcast a regular season game on TNT 2/16 as a lead in to the NBA All Star Game and playoff gam. And a weekly game on B/R. Also appears the NFL Network deal is done and they will be airing 2 games a week. Add to what they've already got with CBS/CBSSN which was a game a week plus the championship game. It would appear they've got broadcasts set up for all of their slate. 

 

Not bad for a newbie league. And it sounds like they're not paying for air time which is a win. 

 

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/turner-b-r-live-sign-up-with-new-football-league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

Looks like Turner and Bleacher Report have signed on with AAF. Turner will broadcast a regular season game on TNT 2/16 as a lead in to the NBA All Star Game and playoff gam. And a weekly game on B/R. Also appears the NFL Network deal is done and they will be airing 2 games a week. Add to what they've already got with CBS/CBSSN which was a game a week plus the championship game. It would appear they've got broadcasts set up for all of their slate. 

 

Not bad for a newbie league. And it sounds like they're not paying for air time which is a win. 

 

https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/turner-b-r-live-sign-up-with-new-football-league

It's two games on TNT, just like two games on CBS.  They are obviously buying the airtime.  As the "SBJ First Cast" podcast I posted last week detailed, the AAF was having issues finding advertisers for their CBSSN games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dfwabel said:

It's two games on TNT, just like two games on CBS.  They are obviously buying the airtime.

 

What makes you say that? These Networks and online platforms need content. And they'll pay for it from any content provider, including the AAF which is a content provider. I know several folks at ESPN's online/app team and they're always buying content from random ass :censored: like cricket, the CFL and 3rd division English soccer. The other networks are no different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, bosrs1 said:

 

What makes you say that? These Networks and online platforms need content. And they'll pay for it from any content provider, including the AAF which is a content provider. I know several folks at ESPN's online/app team and they're always buying content from random ass :censored: like cricket, the CFL and 3rd division English soccer. The other networks are no different. 

Turner doesn't really need a lead in for the ASG. The NBA fan is going to watch regardless.  The lead in would just have been some movie.  Plus, the B/R Live side will air a February 9 one hour special to introduce the league.  This quote from Turner's Lenny Daniels is also key to indicate it is a time buy at worst and no rights fees at best and they are splitting ad revenues, "This is a true partnership and The Alliance will have our full support in the distribution of its live game coverage and content across the Turner Sports portfolio.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.