CCSLC Board Technical Issues

On 1/30/2024 at 10:28 AM, TheGiantsFan said:

Is anybody else receiving an error message when they try to open the forums on Chrome? This is what I get:

I'm able to go around this by opening an Incognito window, but this issue persists even when I cleared my cache on the non-Incognito window. I don't think my AdBlock causes this issue, as I experience the same thing on non-Incognito Chrome on my phone, which doesn't have AdBlock.

microsoft edge does this on my computer. its fine on chrome. no adblocker on either. and suspiciously after @PERRIN disliked one of my comments.

forums:SW9PMfs.png

main page: (although this one stopped doing this) FP6NF2J.png

On 3/25/2024 at 5:23 PM, udubfan19 said:

microsoft edge does this on my computer. its fine on chrome. no adblocker on either. and suspiciously after @PERRIN disliked one of my comments.

forums:SW9PMfs.png

main page: (although this one stopped doing this) FP6NF2J.png

ALAS, A SOLUTION (for some.)! clear your browser cache. make sure it's all-time, that what I did.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Fowler2 said:

I have violated all the terms of this board. Please ban me. 

All the terms?  Not even close.  You're half-assing getting banned.  There's plenty more rules you could break if you put your mind to it. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

All the terms?  Not even close.  You're half-assing getting banned.  There's plenty more rules you could break if you put your mind to it. 

You're fat and not good at math

2 minutes ago, Fowler2 said:

You're fat and not good at math

You're right about three of those things.

• LOL 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Fowler2 said:

I have violated all the terms of this board. Please ban me. 

1 hour ago, Fowler2 said:

This a dupe account

Thanks for saving us the paperwork and making it easy, moron.

BB52Big.jpg

The forums site is being bogged down by ads on a computer, and as of today it doesn't work at all anymore on mobile (I use Safari), leading to a site location that's something along the lines of boards.sportslogos.net/admin/install (going off the top of my head). That leads me to ask a few questions:

1. Is there still the ad-free option available for the boards? If so, how much is it and will it run smoothly on mobile?

2. What in the world is going on with the mobile site? Is there an app that covers that?

3. Would anyone consider integrating the board with some kind of  mobile app that doesn't spontaneously combust when you try to use it?

• Like 1

This morning, when accessing the site, I was redirected to:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/admin/install/

with just a blank screen.  Closing all Chrome windows, going into 3rd-party settings and deleting stored data from CCSLC appears to have fixed it.  Just posting the solution in case anyone else is running into same issue this morning (and finding another way to access the site, like through an incognito window or other browser.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

with just a blank screen.  Closing all Chrome windows, going into 3rd-party settings and deleting stored data from CCSLC appears to have fixed it.  Just posting the solution in case anyone else is running into same issue this morning (and finding another way to access the site, like through an incognito window or other browser.)

This also happened to me this morning and has happened before. I followed these exact steps as well. However, I’ll say with this morning, it wasn’t an immediate fix. I left it and came back to being completely fine.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

This also happened to me this morning and has happened before. I followed these exact steps as well. However, I’ll say with this morning, it wasn’t an immediate fix. I left it and came back to being completely fine.

I had the same issue most of yesterday. I was wondering if the board itself was down. Visited in Incognito this morning and I could see the boards and I visited this one but it went blank when I tried to open this thread. Tried it again in regular mode and it was still blank. Then came back an hour or two later and it was normal again, and here I am. Didn’t do any of the steps - how could I when I couldn’t read this thread? - but the issue appears to have resolved itself, at least for now. 

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

The forums site is being bogged down by ads on a computer, and as of today it doesn't work at all anymore on mobile (I use Safari), leading to a site location that's something along the lines of boards.sportslogos.net/admin/install (going off the top of my head). That leads me to ask a few questions:

1. Is there still the ad-free option available for the boards? If so, how much is it and will it run smoothly on mobile?

2. What in the world is going on with the mobile site? Is there an app that covers that?

3. Would anyone consider integrating the board with some kind of  mobile app that doesn't spontaneously combust when you try to use it?

The ad free version still exists and works on both desktop and mobile. I'm on it now. I think there's a thread about ad free yet.

I ran into some glitches yesterday where the board didn't load, and since I'm on ad free, there must have been a larger issue.

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/124041-ccslc-ad-free-experience-available/page/3/#comment-3299582

It's where I sit.

Search feature.  It's never been good, and it never will be.  You do a search, and it returns x pages of results.  If you don't get what you want on the fist page, and click another page, you get "you must wait # seconds before running another search."  FFS - why do the search results show you that there's multiple pages, if you can't actually view them in less than a week?  I'm not b-tching at the mods - I know it's just the forum software - but it's gear grinding, and dissuades anyone from using the search "feature".

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Search feature.  It's never been good, and it never will be.  You do a search, and it returns x pages of results.  If you don't get what you want on the fist page, and click another page, you get "you must wait # seconds before running another search."  FFS - why do the search results show you that there's multiple pages, if you can't actually view them in less than a week?  I'm not b-tching at the mods - I know it's just the forum software - but it's gear grinding, and dissuades anyone from using the search "feature".

I’m guessing it’s the same basic functionality as having to wait x seconds before posting again. Probably originally meant to stop spammers and/or hackers from overloading the system. I have no problem with the post restriction but I really doubt the search restriction is needed. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.