Non-sports logos that could be good sports logos?

stumpygremlin

I've used a number of these back when I played Madden on the PC more often.

(I would not be beyond making some more though.)

Here are a few of the ones I've used (Minus word marks, etc.)

Sorry some are small

fUrnic.jpg

wYvAZs.jpg

LIyj9f.png

I may post more, or not...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I recently saw a television commercial for a life insurance company called Haven Life. I loved their logo, which combined the letters H and L by means of negative space.

Haven-Life-logo.png

This looks more like LH than HL — though it is hard to think of a location with either of those two sets of initials. (Lake Havasu?) So maybe the logo would be used in the Colorado Rockies' style, to show both the locality and the nickname. If a justification could be found for either set of initials, this logo would look sharp on a baseball cap.

Anyway, this logo reminds us that sometimes straight lines and two colours are all you need.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 5/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I recently saw a television commercial for a life insurance company called Haven Life. I loved their logo, which combined the letters H and L by means of negative space.

Haven-Life-logo.png

This looks more like LH than HL — though it is hard to think of a location with either of those two sets of initials. (Lake Havasu?) So maybe the logo would be used in the Colorado Rockies' style, to show both the locality and the nickname. If a justification could be found for either set of initials, this logo would look sharp on a baseball cap.

Anyway, this logo reminds us that sometimes straight lines and two colours are all you need.

Lock Haven, PA (home of Lock Haven University).

It reads a little too much like L7. The problem is the white portion on the right is superfluous.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Another shipping company, no less, and also with an eagle. I saw this for the first time while on the highway a week ago. The wings would need to be solid rather than striped to work, but liked it otherwise as a potential sports logo.

UnitedVanLines.jpg

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

For me the best sports logos are letter logos. Examples abound: Yankees, Mets, baseball Giants (both before and after the move), Dodgers (both before and after the move), football Giants, Cardinals (baseball), Phillies (both 70s/80s and current), Atlanta Braves, etc.  With that in mind, I am impressed with the logo of Grand Central Terminal.

File:Grand Central Terminal logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons

It has the feel of an old Inter Milan logo.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png