American Patriot League

CrimsonBull9584

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The APL announces Championship Game in Canton:

https://aplfootball.us/championship

The league has a lot of questions, the least of which is that their website is awful.  Are they even going to have TV?  If so, will it be on a channel people actually watch?

At this point, the question might be whether there'll be something on the field that people actually watch.

With such little time between now and April 6th (the date they claim to start the season), that's a lot of prep to get names, setup coaching staffs, front offices, assemble teams, sell tickets, get sponsorships, etc. It might be too late in the game for some of these markets to pull in bigger deals for sponsors. I can see a lot of 'in kind' trades for things like bus/airfare, hotel, IT/computer equiment, uniforms, apparel, AIRTIME, etc where no money changes hands in exchange for publicity at their games or on TV.  Which puts the entire onus on making money to the ticket buyers. With no hope of a sellout, tickets are going to be almost entirely on a walk-up day of game type thing where weather and bad memories of poor games can and will keep fans away.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

At this point, the question might be whether there'll be something on the field that people actually watch.

With such little time between now and April 6th (the date they claim to start the season), that's a lot of prep to get names, setup coaching staffs, front offices, assemble teams, sell tickets, get sponsorships, etc. It might be too late in the game for some of these markets to pull in bigger deals for sponsors. I can see a lot of 'in kind' trades for things like bus/airfare, hotel, IT/computer equiment, uniforms, apparel, AIRTIME, etc where no money changes hands in exchange for publicity at their games or on TV.  Which puts the entire onus on making money to the ticket buyers. With no hope of a sellout, tickets are going to be almost entirely on a walk-up day of game type thing where weather and bad memories of poor games can and will keep fans away.

I could see them delaying until 2020, which means it'll be another league proposed that never actually plays.

10 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

??

They're playing it in Canton according to their site.

OMG.  When I read GDAWWWWWWG's post last night, my brain read London even if my eyes saw Canton.  Maybe was drinking too much.

Canton makes much more sense.  Carry on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/28/2019 at 7:22 PM, NYUNDERDOGS said:

We only got 3 days until "tryouts" and the last two cities haven't even been announced. This is some kind of money laundering scheme or something cause they aren't gonna make it in time.  

Is Ben McFarland involved? Because I feel like there should be a lot of random robo calls going out soon. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Spoke with a friend of mine in Daytona. He spoke to someone about working for the league back in October, hasn't heard from him since. I, again, find it hard to believe that Daytona Stadium could host a "pro team". The city doesn't support Bethune-Cookman football, and if they can't do that, what chance will this team have?

25 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

Spoke with a friend of mine in Daytona. He spoke to someone about working for the league back in October, hasn't heard from him since. I, again, find it hard to believe that Daytona Stadium could host a "pro team". The city doesn't support Bethune-Cookman football, and if they can't do that, what chance will this team have?

The timelines can't help either. They'd pretty much have to watch AAF's Twitter and start calling all the names that are cut as they get released. Then they need to find coaches who will be ready to take on a team in March. Unless that coach is coming from a major college or is a pro football retread that no one will touch I can't see them flocking to this league. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The timelines can't help either. They'd pretty much have to watch AAF's Twitter and start calling all the names that are cut as they get released. Then they need to find coaches who will be ready to take on a team in March. Unless that coach is coming from a major college or is a pro football retread that no one will touch I can't see them flocking to this league. 

Maybe Bob Golic will coach all of the teams. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived