MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a couple shots of the full kit:

DzfYglVWsAAwSTi?format=jpg&name=large

DzfbgvJWoAAYUDb?format=jpg&name=medium

Not sure I like the red socks. I think black socks with the red Adidas stripes would’ve been a better choice. I think the kit as a whole would look better if the Adidas stripes were gold instead of red, though. I think gold adidas stripes would really help elevate this look. As it is, I’d call it a slight downgrade from their inaugural primaries. Still a pretty good look overall, but it could use a few small tweaks.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

LAFC announcing their new kit the 23rd from 12-4 at the Banc, before the game against Vancouver. 

Season ticket holder, get the new duds and rock em at the game. Hope we get to see Van's new strip too, even though it's only preseason. Their new duds are my favorite on the year so far (ATL, Portland, and Philly close behind, and the Philly part shocked even myself but I think it's total class). 

spacer.png

Looks like we have a leak of the new Galaxy away shirt:

DzgEIYFV4AAIx-O?format=jpg&name=medium

The shirt has a monochromatic crest and color scheme, and there appears to be a tonal vertical stripe graphic of some kind as well. Note how there aren’t any MLS badges on the sleeves, but this is very likely a sample that was sent out early from Adidas to the club. Everything else from the collar style to the stars above the crest suggests this is the real thing. The two-tone blue vertical stripe pattern also fits with this graphic advertising the jersey reveal event on Sunday:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Carson FC. Herbalife FC. 

They have a bunch of billboards along Exposition Boulevard as one is heading toward LAFC's stadium. 

Not a huge fan of that kit tho. I can respect style outside of rivalry bounds but that kit (what little we've seen) I'm not big on.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

@Gothamite, any idea when NYCFC is unveiling their new primary? I’m kinda surprised they haven’t unveiled it yet, especially since it first leaked back in December.

No idea.  Last year it also leaked in December, but was unveiled February 7th.  So I should say any day now. 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No idea.  Last year it also leaked in December, but was unveiled February 7th.  So I should say any day now. 

Ahh I see, thanks for the info. While we wait for the official reveal, here’s an updated mockup that includes collar and cuff piping and the NYC monogram on the socks. Images from MLS Media Day showed that the shirt has piping on the collar and the socks have the monogram, and it’s very likely that the shirt will have piping on the cuffs to match the collar as well.

VE1LEUP.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ahh I see, thanks for the info. While we wait for the official reveal, here’s an updated mockup that includes collar and cuff piping and the NYC monogram on the socks. Images from MLS Media Day showed that the shirt has piping on the collar and the socks have the monogram, and it’s very likely that the shirt will have piping on the cuffs to match the collar as well.

VE1LEUP.jpg

God, I hope they do the navy collar piping and the navy shorts. Looked pretty tight last year so I hope they keep the navy shorts rolling.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, WarriorFight said:

God, I hope they do the navy collar piping and the navy shorts. Looked pretty tight last year so I hope they keep the navy shorts rolling.

They do:

HT6bfV9.jpg

G23cKCd.jpg

Probably a pretty good chance they have white alternate/clash shorts again as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

59 minutes ago, luketheduke03 said:

Any rumors on the Dynamo 2019 kit?

According to @DynamicFoxtrot on Twitter, who’s seen the new kit, it looks pretty similar to this mockup I made:

ZZVfhGO.jpg

And you can see the actual shorts and socks here:

6eI0zBQ.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

According to @DynamicFoxtrot on Twitter, who’s seen the new kit, it looks pretty similar to this mockup I made:

ZZVfhGO.jpg

And you can see the actual shorts and socks here:

6eI0zBQ.jpg

I don't hate it, but I wish they would do more with the gradient they've been using. Maybe on the aways or alts.

I'll go unpopular opinion and say I don't hate the Orlando kit. For years people complained about the Adidas stripes being intrusive; now they finally make the stripes tonal now and then and it's a problem. Also the pattern looks nice in that shade, though it does receive points off for being a year old and recycled. As long as Orlando's primary thing is going to be "purple" their kits will be simple and limited in variation.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I'll go unpopular opinion and say I don't hate the Orlando kit. For years people complained about the Adidas stripes being intrusive; now they finally make the stripes tonal now and then and it's a problem. Also the pattern looks nice in that shade, though it does receive points off for being a year old and recycled. As long as Orlando's primary thing is going to be "purple" their kits will be simple and limited in variation.

At least among fans, the problem isn’t the tonal stripes or recycled pattern. For most, it’s not even that obnoxious lion on the socks. It’s the complete omission of gold, now on both the home and away kits. Maybe we were spoiled with the incredible effort Adidas gave us in 2017. What makes it worse is the team trying to connect the pattern to some weird gate in the Space Coast, when it’s really just a recycled Spain pattern (which itself was recycled from the 80s Netherlands).

ExJworW.png

45 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ahead of tonight’s official reveal, here are a couple looks at the replica version of the new Galaxy away shirt:

la_galaxy_2019_adidas_away_kit_a.jpg

la_galaxy_2019_adidas_away_kit_b.jpg

I did like these based off the picture showing a player wearing it, but now that I see the whole thing it's definelty not as good as I thought it would be.

Archived