2021-2022 NHL Redesign

dannykraft

Hi! I've been a longtime reader of CCSLC and I've decided to start posting some of my concepts. I decided to redesign the nhl uniforms for the 2021-2022 season. In this concept I decided to take a page from the NBA and give all 32 teams a third and fourth jersey. Going on with the NBA and soccer, there are no home or away uniforms. They just need to clash (I know this would be tough for equipment managers so my idea is that the away team picks the color so they can just travel with one set) I originally redesigned a few teams logos but in the end I decided I still wanted to keep all the teams with the same general brand they already have or have had. Here's the Atlantic Division:

Boston

JtGON9Q.png

I changed the dark and light to be closer to the Bobby Orr days of the 1960s-70s. The third is a modern take of the B's 1965-67 home uniform. Their 4th jersey pays homage to the first bruins' uniform.

Buffalo

ByaMg0J.png

The dark uniforms are inspired by their heritage third jersey they used to have and the light is their winter classic jersey just with laces. The 4th jersey is in spired by the Buffalo flag.

Detroit

u5jjRe8.png

I keep the dark and light the exact same, the third is a red version of their centennial classic uniforms with the 2014 Winter Classic logo. 4th jersey is inspired by the 1930's away jersey and added the Hockeytown logo. 

Florida

fvayr17.png

I keep the dark and light the same except for having the same crest on both jerseys, the third is a recolored version of their original navy third jersey. I'll admit this is ripping off the Heat but these are Miami Vice inspired.

Montreal

541WRBW.png

The Habs' home jersey is probably my favorite uniform in sports but I've always thought their away jersey was missing something so I added stripes to the sleeves. The third jersey is an inverse of the dark jersey. The 4th jersey is blue to honor the Quebec flag but also honor the Canadiens' history. 

Ottawa

o3HtaM1.png

The dark, light and third jerseys are all inspired by the Centennial Classic jerseys which has historical significance to Ottawa. The 4th jersey is the Senators original jerseys. 

Tampa Bay

F9DQFVR.png

I added some black to the dark and light. The third jersey is an update to their cup winning uniforms. The 4th jersey are a heathered grey pattern to make a rain storm type pattern. 

Toronto

FRTuqL7.png

I make the hem stripe a double stripe to add consistency. The third jersey is inspired by the Arenas throwback and the 4th jersey is inspired by Drake. 

Thanks so much for viewing and any CC would be appreciated! I'll be posting the Metro soon.

Also, can we see the the numbers on these jerseys? The fonts?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Boston: Good modernization of an old set. Third and fourth look great, but I would darken the brown a bit.

Buffalo: Dark, Light and third and perfect, I would get rid of the gradient on the fourth and just make the flag pattern solid. I would also remove the flags from the arm stripes.

Detroit: I would narrow the hem stripe on the third, and demote the HOCKEYTOWN on the fourth to just be a hanger effect. the stripes could be thickened as well.

Florida: Good choice on the throwback for the third, and the fourth I'm not sold on. The pink and blue in the Miami Vice scheme should be accents, not as much as you've used now.

Montreal: I love the globe on the sleeves being brought back. The third is perfect, and I would once again remove the flag on the fourth. To me, they don't belong on jerseys.

Ottawa: As a Sens fan, I absolutely love it. Only change would be to make the yoke on the fourth red.

Tampa: I would use a darker grey on the fourth. Everything else is perfect. Love the victory stripes.

Toronto: Dark, light, and third are perfect, I would once again move the "416" to be a hanger effect, and make the leaves at the end a bit smaller.

Overall, pretty good work! I would make the shoulder patches bigger on each jersey. I also agree with what was said above, seeing the backs of the jerseys would be nice.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Bruins: Excellent, from start to finish. No changes needed here.

Sabres: Just make the flag pattern on the fourth not a gradient, otherwise great.

Red Wings: Great stuff. One change I'd make is to remove the logo on the fourth, to really let the "Hockeytown" stand out. Maybe adding numbers under it, basketball-style, could work? Honestly, I just don't like how the front, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Panthers: There's too much pink and blue on the fourth, but it's definitely a start. 

Canadiens: Love the globe on the sleeves, but again the fourth is a little awkward. Something about the way the striping in presented makes it look off.

Lightning: I'd remove the blue on the third, to make it black/white (since the blue and black look so alike), and darken the gray on the fourth.

Maple Leafs: Great, no suggestions here.

Overall, great work! I can't wait to see how this progresses.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, Blindsay said:

Also, can we see the the numbers on these jerseys? The fonts?

I might do that afterward, this is my first full league concept and I didn't want to deal with different fonts right off the bat. 

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I might do that afterward, this is my first full league concept and I didn't want to deal with different fonts right off the bat. 

No you should do it now... Fonts are an important part of a concept, and can make or break it. (See the Tampa Bay Buccaneers current jerseys).

The name and numbers are an important part, as is the back of the jersey. Do the Panthers' chest stripe continue to the back? Does the Habs still do that in 2021? The finishing touches to a concept are sometimes the most important. 

As for the actual designs, these are all pretty good. And they do push some design boundaries in a good way. My biggest complaint is the Habs jerseys having the arm patches. I know they are historic, but the design there isn't good. Even if the Habs do win another Cup by 2021, it would be a pointless patch, as they are not the World's team or anything...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

2 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I was just counting Seattle into this because they enter the league in 2020

i was thinking qubec city, hamilton, saskatoon, second toronto team, hartford, houston, kansas city, atlanta, clevleand or indianapolis

6 hours ago, NJMHero21 said:

i was thinking qubec city, hamilton, saskatoon, second toronto team, hartford, houston, kansas city, atlanta, clevleand or indianapolis

Well this is an NHL redesign thread not an Expansion thread also

Hartford- we learned once

Kansas City- we also learned once

Atlanta- we learned twice 

Cleveland- Columbus

Saskatoon- waaaaaay too small

Toronto-see: Uber popular franchise that wears blue and white

Houston- bad idea

Indianapolis- NHL would never go here

Hamilton- NHL doesn’t want to go here

Quebec City- the only good idea

Made some updates to the Atlantic:

Buffalo

GCsG1RW.png

Just made the flag design without the gradient, removed the flag design, and made the collar solid gold to match the stripe.

Detroit

HubD5Th.png

I redesigned the 4th jersey, I decided to model it after 1927 uniforms but wanted to still showcase the nickname Hockeytown so I replaced Detroit with Hockeytown.

Florida

RsaQNPg.png

All I did was simplify the 4th jersey

Montreal

LRRXho3.png

Removed the flags from the 4th

Tampa Bay

ItMY85n.png

Made the 4th uniform a darker grey. 

Here we go with the Metro Division

Carolina

XW6bc6N.png

On the dark and light I really wanted to make the warning flag the identity of the hurricanes, its a unique stripe that no other team could use. On the third jersey I decided to still use the incorrect because the correct logo just doesn't look good on a hockey uniform. I know the 4th uniform look similar to Tampa Bays but I really like how the black and red go against the silver. 

Columbus

ntQFWDV.png

I am from Columbus so I go to a lot of Blue Jackets games and while I've never loved their look I think they've finally found their identity. I wanted to make the dark and light a little more traditional by adding a full hem stripe and I really think this makes the uniform complete. I also swapped the red pants for blue pants because I feel like they look better in an all blue set up. The third jersey is just a color swapped version of their current thirds because I don't think a 2001 expansion team should try to look vintage. The 4th jersey is inspired by the Ohio Flag which the blue jackets use a lot in their branding. 

New Jersey

79N4woj.png

I always saw New Jersey as a no nonsense type of team and I thought their looked really represented that. I was really disappointed in their new jerseys so I decided to bring everything back exactly how it was including the straight hem stripes. The third jersey isn't meant to be used a lot but every team is getting one so the Devils might as well try black. The 4th jersey is just a straight throwback probably for around Christmas and St. Patricks day.

New York Islanders

Kl8i2E5.png

I thought the Islanders could use a bit of a refresh, I was always a fan of their 1998-02 uniforms so I tried to combine those with their current uniforms.I added the light house and on the dark I flipped the white stripe so it would be on the bottom like their current socks and then on the light I flipped the orange and blue because I thought it was too orange heavy. The 4th is inspired by the leaks that happened last summer but I used 4 stripes to represent the 4 Stanley Cups. The 4th jersey uses the fisherman which I think is a great logo, just not full time and I simplified the 1995-98 uniforms.

New York Rangers

4SKHvci.png

I kept the dark and light basically the same except I have it say New York on the light uniforms now. I also added the badge on a shoulder on both uniforms because the primary logo should at least be on the uniform somewhere. (On anniversary years or it would be replaced with that) The third jersey is the Lady Liberty uniforms making a return with a hem stripe. The 4th jersey is inspired by the New York Americans. 

Philadelphia 

iKqAxBZ.png

This might be bias because they're my favorite team but I think the Flyers' dark, light and third jersey are some of the best in the league. The 4th jersey is inspired the Quakers. 

Pittsburgh 

uPCEe0p.png

I kept the dark pretty much the same, I changed the hem to match the rest of the uniforms and it replicates the sleeves. I take a page out of 1983 and make the gold the light uniform. The White remains as the third uniform. the 4th jersey is inspired by Pittsburghs self proclaimed title as "city of champions" and the Penguins friendship with the Steelers.

Washington

gazbd1H.png

The dark and lights uniforms are inspired by DC's flag as the stripe on the sleeves.  The third jersey use the Washington Monument as the stripe on the sleeve. The double stripe from the dark and light is replicated on the hem instead.On the 4th jersey the logo is inspired by voting buttons and the flag design on the sleeves because they play in the Nation's capital and are called the capitals.

ADD NUMBERS

Seriously, these concepts would be top notch if you showed the back of these sweaters, as well as the sleeves numbers these would be some of the best concepts on the boards. You have a great sense of design, but you need to finish these. Don't be sloppy. And like I've said in a previous post, numbers can make or break a jersey design...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

For Florida, the updated Vice is nice, but I'd go with the flag alternate with thicker lines. The jumping cat is waaay too detailed for neon.

Darker gray is way better for TB's fourth, but maybe include a blue yoke or change the pants.

I like the Columbus chest stripe jersey, one of the nicest red+white+blue concepts I've seen for them! Just keep the shoulder patches normal-colored and you're golden!

For the Jackets, could you try a red 3rd? I've always been curious of what that would look like, and while you're at it, I think it could do without the white around the shoulders. I know it helps deviate from the normal home/away but it may be just a tad cluttered. Otherwise nice work!

On 5/9/2019 at 3:08 AM, vtgco said:

For Florida, the updated Vice is nice, but I'd go with the flag alternate with thicker lines. The jumping cat is waaay too detailed for neon.

Darker gray is way better for TB's fourth, but maybe include a blue yoke or change the pants.

I like the Columbus chest stripe jersey, one of the nicest red+white+blue concepts I've seen for them! Just keep the shoulder patches normal-colored and you're golden!

I'm glad others agree the darker gray for the Lightning 4th is a better call, but i'd even consider adding a blue outline on the sleeve bolt stripes to have them pop off the gray a bit.

Awesome work! I really like where you went with the alternates.

The Sabers' set is looks realy nice. Subliminal flagship design is best out of the four.

I'm not sold on the Miami Vice for the Panthers. It's hard to make out the leaping panther in neon.

Hi I'm back with some edits 

CZoPajn.png

I recolored the panther logo on the 4th to be able to be seen from farther away. 

On 5/9/2019 at 1:20 PM, buckeye said:

For the Jackets, could you try a red 3rd? I've always been curious of what that would look like, and while you're at it, I think it could do without the white around the shoulders. I know it helps deviate from the normal home/away but it may be just a tad cluttered. Otherwise nice work!

qPVvZKv.png

I played around with it and I'll let you be the judge but the red just doesn't look right to me. I tried without the white shoulders and it just looked a little bland.

43 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Hi I'm back with some edits 

CZoPajn.png

I recolored the panther logo on the 4th to be able to be seen from farther away. 

qPVvZKv.png

I played around with it and I'll let you be the judge but the red just doesn't look right to me. I tried without the white shoulders and it just looked a little bland.

The Panthers Miami Vice uninformed looks a lot better.

I like the red Blue Jackets jersey, especially the one in the bottom right corner. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived