NFL | Kansas City Chiefs Primary Logo Rebrand

Go Red Sox!

Here's a slight modernization, a rebrand of the current Kansas City Chiefs primary mark.

Completely gone is the color black since the team has been using it solely as a supporting color, plus it's nowhere to be found on their uniforms – except for helmet logo usage. The entire arrowhead is tilted in order to make it look more aerodynamic and faster. Same goes for the "KC" initial and the letters themselves which I also revised. I also added some texture to the arrowhead, including the initial to improve the overall look.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Kansas City Chiefs primary logo on colored backgrounds

spacer.png

Kansas City Chiefs primary logo on a football helmet

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like what you did, in theory. However, if this were real life, the color scheme as you have it would look muddled at any distance, and you'd lose lots of detail. If it were me, I'd focus on incorporating the yellow somehow into the logo, but also adding black into the rest of the team's identity. There's no reason why the Chiefs can't be a red and yellow team with black trim.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Looks pretty good. I like the idea of adding more texture beyond the outline and ditching the unnecessary black.

I'm curious to see what the monogram would look like without an outline though, since the red and yellow bleed together a tad.

I like it. Kinda reminds me of the Atlanta/Calgary Flames logo pre-mid 90s. I especially like the ridges on the arrowhead. Really makes it look authentic. But, I do agree that from a distance it would be hard to make out. Either lighten the red or darken the yellow outline. Make the tones contrast with each other so it's easier to read.

17 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The KC looks nibbled on.

Yeah, I looked at it and thought that with the added yellow texture it made it look kinda like a tortilla chip. 

The idea is good but I'd play around with the texture a bit. 

This is very well done. But I've always put the Chiefs logo in the same category as the Dodgers red numbers or the Green Bay G. Weird design quirks that probably wouldn't fly today, but the team wouldn't look like themselves without it. I've always loved the fact that the Chiefs and Raiders look pretty much exactly how they did in the AFL days.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:26 AM, Jake3.roo said:

I'm getting cheese vibes, anyone else?

Ya, like the ideas. But the semicircles cut out of the KC made me think it looked like cartoon cheese... and therefore about Green Bay.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Love your work GRS but I think this one is a swing and a miss - for this Chiefs fan at least.  It’s well rendered but the texture effect and lack of black create a muddled look on the red helmet backdrop.  It just doesn’t “pop” anymore...at least for me.

I get that black is not a Chiefs color but I just think the current logo looks clean, classic and pops on the helmet.  The K and C maybe a bit dated but I dunno, I think the added textures and chisels just make the whole thing clunkier than it needs to be.

As mentioned above I think the outline of both the arrowhead and text back to black plus eliminating the cheese curds would make for a very subtle but good update.  I think the complete stroke around the text looks much more modern than the current drop shadow, that’s for sure.

Archived