infrared41's Best and Worst - Week 3 NFL 2019

Slim pickin's this week. Only three games worthy of the best list and every one of them could have taken the top spot.  Just two games for the worst list. The rest of the week was a lot of meh... As always, the lists are solely my opinion. Your opinion may differ and that's fine. Keep the conversation civil and we can make this quick and hope next week is better.

BEST:

1. Steelers - 49ers: This one gets the nod because it was played outdoors in the sunshine on real grass. Well, that and it's a match up of two of the best looks in the league.

ykcM9RW.jpg

2. Raiders - Vikings: This one came in second, but barely. Another great looking game between two great looks. A little sunshine goes a long way. This is what "modern" vs. traditional should look like. 

swBIlQ6.jpg

3. Chicago - Washington: Hard to believe that this only managed the #3 spot in such a poor week for uniform match ups. Another match up of two classic looks.

67xvCdj.jpg

Not the worst looking game I've ever seen...

Lions - Eagles: This one looked better than I thought it would, but not by much. Put the Lions in gray pants and this one makes the #4 slot on the best list.

mXxrQwf.jpg

Worst:

1. Broncos - Packers: An ugly, dated 90's uniform matched up against one of the worst throwbacks in the league. This was just awful. 

wAa2aOy.jpg

2. Titans - Jaguars: Our first contributory negligence game of the year. We're breaking down the blame like this - Titans 68% for being straight up ugly and 32% Jags for blowing the teal jersey by wearing black pants. 

C32OX09.jpg

And that's it for this week. Here's hoping we have more to work with next week. Thanks for taking a look and contributing. 

BB52Big.jpg

The Redskins would have made the game look a lot better with the gold pants. I see no point in them even having white pants -- their ideal sets are burgundy over gold and white over burgundy. Titans-Jaguars, the Thursday Night Footballest pairing of all time, is trash. Agreed on the Lions' pants and on the paucity of good matchups in general this week.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, infrared41 said:

2. Titans - Jaguars: Our first contributory negligence game of the year. We're breaking down the blame like this - Titans 68% for being straight up ugly and 32% Jags for blowing the teal jersey by wearing black pants. 

Appropriately, in a true contributory negligence jurisdiction, they both lose for being even 1% negligent.

In a comparative negligence jurisdiction, the Jags would still be able to recover a portion of their damages.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

17 hours ago, infrared41 said:

C32OX09.jpg

I know this is your opinion, so it is what is. But I definitely disagree. Definitely think this probably is their best set, the Jags that is. I like when the helmet and pants match. The white pants arent bad at all but three different colored uniform elements is a little weird to me. Just wish they had sone designs on them.

The Titans tho? They look like titantic trash, lol.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

2 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Surprised the Browns color rush vs the Rams compromise jerseys didn't make the worst list.

Browns CR jersey is pretty solid. The Rams don't look quite awful enough to be on a worst list. They're as close to the line as you can get, but not over it. 

BB52Big.jpg

Jag's best sets are:

Teal over black

White over teal

Teal over white

white over white

everything else

Not saying that any of them are really good, and it's a shame because they jerseys and pants are only a few minor tweaks away from making it a really strong uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Didn't get a chance to watch much football last weekend so this is the first time I'm seeing that Broncos/Packers mess. Yikes. Denver definitely needs a redesign and Green Bay should just drop their throwbacks entirely. 

I know I'm in the minority, if not the only one around here that feels this way, but I'd take that Titans look over any of the Jags' combinations. 

Maybe I’m in the minority here, but I hope the Broncos never touch their uniforms again. It’s the best they’ve ever looked and is associated with the team finally breaking through and winning Super Bowls. The Broncos outlasting all of their imitators is also a statement in its favor.

There are things I like about the Broncos uniform (color palette, name/numbers font, things I'm not crazy about (logo), and things I hate (blue jerseys, blue jerseys with blue pants). It's short of untouchable, but shouldn't be thrown out altogether.

I'd throw out the side panels in favor of contrasting-color cuffs to match the collar, go with a more traditional pants stripe, and pair orange socks with the road whites so that you're flipping blue and orange between the two sets (orange jersey, blue socks; blue jersey details, orange socks) and tying the color palette together a little better.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 9/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, the admiral said:

There are things I like about the Broncos uniform (color palette, name/numbers font, things I'm not crazy about (logo), and things I hate (blue jerseys, blue jerseys with blue pants). It's short of untouchable, but shouldn't be thrown out altogether.

I'd throw out the side panels in favor of contrasting-color cuffs to match the collar, go with a more traditional pants stripe, and pair orange socks with the road whites so that you're flipping blue and orange between the two sets (orange jersey, blue socks; blue jersey details, orange socks) and tying the color palette together a little better.

This is kind of like the Patriots - the overall look isn't awful, but the dated piping and/or side paneling designs need an update

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived