NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lack of Navy is my only gripe about the Blues primary concept. Blue/Gold looks nice but screams Buffalo to me. Navy on the bottom of the sleeves/hem line would be perfect.

The Pride jersey is a nice change of pace to the Blues traditional looks. It just feels very off to me, the coloring is very inconsistent. It's either blue/gold or red/blue/white - there's no integration with the themes of the design. I like the incorporation of the flag, I've always wondered why they've never used this before. Whether it be the striping pattern or the fleur de lis. However, the roundal logo is one of the most disliked logos used amongst fans. It's a great logo for stationary or media but as a primary hockey logo, it's just too much. People see the blue note, they know the team is from St. Louis. The logo not only features the name of the team, the city it's located in but dumbs it down in case people didn't know and threw in the arch for good measure all while being crammed into an unnecessary roundal design. It's sickening to be honest. The fleur de lis as the primary with the note on the shoulders would be much better suited.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

4 hours ago, stumpygremlin said:

These all kick ass. Minor nitpick on Nashville. The blue one with the guitar string stripes, if you're going to base it on guitar strings, then you should do six stripes. You have seven. Most guitars have six strings.

Actually the yellow is meant to be the bridge of the guitar neck and the navy stripes within are the actual strings :)

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

My only critique with LA is, for me, the logo. The crown is a perfect primary logo for the team, I feel, and having it be essentially a cute detail in a logo and not even used anywhere else aside from an alternate once in a while is my biggest gripe with their current branding (aside from the admitted personal preference of purple being a color they should own as their look). It's a logo that really elegantly gets across "Kings" and "hockey" in the same logo without cluttering itself.

You've nailed it in every other aspect of the design, though. I do wonder how the white jersey might look with a black squared-off yoke, though. Would that potentially unbalance the design?

On 12/6/2019 at 5:35 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Let's continue with another Metropolitan team...

ny08gh2.png

ft8MXZ0.png

TqeQLCw.png

jwVbHe6.png

The primaries are simplified (dare I say modernized?) versions of their current classic sets, nothing too crazy here. The Pride uniform is inspired by the other professional sport teams in the "City of Champions", and the Honor uniform pays homage to the Penguins' inaugural season. 

Great Job, only complaint is Please DON'T EVER mix yinzer nation with my Pens. For Years ('80s - '90s and even into the early '00s) I was chastised and ridiculed for being a Pens / Hockey fan FIRST in a football crazed town.

Panthers fan here, I have a suggestion for our pride set. Something inspired by the balmy tropical climate of South Florida. The beaches, the turqouise ocean water, the yellow sand... For our Honor set, throwback to our 1995-1996 Eastern Conference champion uniforms

That Kings set is amazing, particularly the home and roads.  Perfect compromise between the Gretzky years and the championship look.  The number font and more classically configured stripes are a monumental improvement.

On to the Canucks...

5pEmH2n.png

drvHaZq.png

hxcAWlE.png

gnfPUam.png

Primary uniform's striping was inspired by their spaghetti-blade logo unis and says goodbye to the Orca. Pride uniform is a color-inverted version of their V-unis that they whipped out for warmups this year as part of their 50th anniversary. Honor jersey pays homage to the 1970 inaugural team, although uses the updated stick in rink logo. 

2LYbxnm.png

On 1/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to the Canucks...

5pEmH2n.png

drvHaZq.png

hxcAWlE.png

gnfPUam.png

Primary uniform's striping was inspired by their spaghetti-blade logo unis and says goodbye to the Orca. Pride uniform is a color-inverted version of their V-unis that they whipped out for warmups this year as part of their 50th anniversary. Honor jersey pays homage to the 1970 inaugural team, although uses the updated stick in rink logo. 

I will take the recoloured Flying V over updated Stick in Rink, my second least favourite Canucks logo. I would put the full-body Johnny Canuck on the arms of the Flying V. It's a jersey that would constantly $ell out.

On to the Bolts...

rUU6sKb.png

98KAYW6.png

5sP2Ye4.png

H0sc15C.png

I've grown kinda fond of the Lightning's current uniforms (minus their heinous alt), but my biggest gripe with them is that they are too close to the Leafs. So I wanted to differentiate them from each other in this series and also keep their sleek look. Lightning bolts appear everywhere in the primaries, but still are relatively tame. Pride jersey was inspired by their storm uniforms in the late 90's with a modern twist, including a side stripe that goes right into the pants' lightning bolt. The crest is a recolored version of the logo that incorporates the state of Florida. Honor jersey pays homage to the Cup winning 2004 team, and would be a welcome return to the league full-time :) 

On 1/24/2020 at 6:51 PM, TheBigBuc said:

Panthers fan here, I have a suggestion for our pride set. Something inspired by the balmy tropical climate of South Florida. The beaches, the turqouise ocean water, the yellow sand... For our Honor set, throwback to our 1995-1996 Eastern Conference champion uniforms

I'm not really taking requests, but keep an eye out for the Panthers next ;) 

2LYbxnm.png

I love the Lightning set, except the road logo. It doesn't seem to fit. It stands out a little too much with the outline. Matching the logo to the road numbers, would make this look very sleek.

Either way, this is miles ahead of what they're currently wearing!

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Not a fan of the Tampa set. The home/road have a good idea behind them, but they feel too minimalist. I'd be curious to see how they'd look with black incorporated into the jersey, maybe filling up the arms on the home and as the piping on the road? The side panels on the Pride jersey feel out of place and unnecessary, too. I'm unsure about the brighter blue, but I don't think it's a bad idea. The Honor jersey is good, especially with the Victory Stripes.

Let's go cross-state to check out the Panthers...

GuaOmOm.png

MRaSvvz.png

yplzIsa.png

j2Hi4aF.png

When will the Panthers stick that awesome, updated leaping panther on the front of their uniforms? Tried mixing old and new for their primary look and deepened the red to more of a maroon. Pride jersey is a take on the sunshine state flag. Honor jersey throws it back to their inaugural set when they made the Cup Final in 1996. 

2LYbxnm.png

As far as the Lightning goes, I'd honestly lean into using a shade of electric blue instead of the current blue to really differentiate them from Toronto. And I wonder how the jerseys would look if the yoke and hem were black, rather then blue? I've become fond of how the Lightning could look in an electric blue/black/white set.

As for the Cats; being completely honest, I feel the maroon/navy/gold combo looks pretty dull. I like how the bright red and yellow play with the dark blue on the Honor jersey, it feels very bright and colorful without becoming too overwhelming; I'd be interested to see how it works on the Home and Away jerseys. And since Florida's the Sunshine State, I feel the both the Bolts and Cats being brightly-colored works. 

I feel like having the cuffs be blue could improve the home jersey just that little bit more, as well; it'd match a bit more with the road.

On 2/4/2020 at 5:25 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

Let's go cross-state to check out the Panthers...

GuaOmOm.png

MRaSvvz.png

yplzIsa.png

j2Hi4aF.png

When will the Panthers stick that awesome, updated leaping panther on the front of their uniforms? Tried mixing old and new for their primary look and deepened the red to more of a maroon. Pride jersey is a take on the sunshine state flag. Honor jersey throws it back to their inaugural set when they made the Cup Final in 1996. 

Not bad, though for a Tropical Hockey team the colors are too dark... and I have a tweak for the Pride uniforms, brighten the yellow and add the Tree and Stick logo...spacer.png

On to Ottawa...

7W8yIqk.png

doAAVNo.png

jcrgOKJ.png

AqixQ7C.png

The updated 2D logo is finally the primary mark! It really doesn't make a ton of sense as to why Ottawa hasn't moved towards this type of look yet. Pride jersey is barberpole inspired with the simple O as the crest. Honor jersey resurrects the Heritage Classic jerseys of 2014. Went with this one over their previous alternate/heritage uniform because a second black jersey would've been overkill.

2LYbxnm.png

Archived