Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

Yeah sorry Elf is ugly. So is dog.

Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory...

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, colortv said:

They should do some market research in Cleveland with the dog vs. elf and see which the fans would prefer.

I could even go for something like this along the lines of the Packers:

2000px-Cleveland_Browns_B.svg.png

Anything but a damn helmet.

I'm with you there. I don't know why so many people hate this logo, but to me, it's great.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

I like the Dawg and the Elf. The old Dawg (the last one not the original more cartoony one) and a cleaned up elf are both great secondary logos representing our fans and team history.

I think the primary should be that <=B=> but instead with a block C in there... maybe different coloring too. This isn't a new or unique take, but I think it's a clean mark. Use it for merch and around the stadium (50 yard line) and on score bugs and stuff, keep the helmet without it per tradition. The helmet can still be all over the place too since it's iconic.

8 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I really like the elf, but I almost feel like a C or CB would work well as a new primary. Something simple that can stand the test of time. 

New elf and dawg pound logos could still be used as secondaries. 

Seriously this one was alomost perfect, just swap the B for a C and JACKPOT.

9 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

Seriously this one was alomost perfect, just swap the B for a C and JACKPOT.

It looks good "as is", but for a team logo that needs to be everywhere/on everything is all that white ok?

What if the B and arrows/stitches were all orange with the white portions brown?

Or the arrows all brown and the white portion orange?

I do prefer B over C.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

It looks good "as is", but for a team logo that needs to be everywhere/on everything is all that white ok?

What if the B and arrows/stitches were all orange with the white portions brown?

Or the arrows all brown and the white portion orange?

I do prefer B over C.

The Steelers logo is just fine with all that white. I created an NFL standings board and actually used this logo for the Browns. Fits in well with the other logos I think:

2w3nyj8.jpg

18 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Steelers logo is just fine with all that white. I created an NFL standings board and actually used this logo for the Browns. Fits in well with the other logos I think:

2w3nyj8.jpg

That looks great, it fits in perfect looking at the Titan/Packers/Chiefs/Niners/Bears/Giants logos.

3 hours ago, colortv said:

They should do some market research in Cleveland with the dog vs. elf and see which the fans would prefer.

This needs to be the damn logo.

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL Champions in 1948, 1949, 1960, Super Bowl Champions in 2017-18. Philadelphia Phillies: World Series Champions in 1980 and 2008. Philadelphia 76ers: NBA Champions in 1966-67 and 1982-83. Philadelphia Flyers: Stanley Cup Champions in 1973-74, 1974-75

18 minutes ago, kestrel79 said:

Don't know why they ever changed. They had perfection. I really liked the old unis along with the options of the brown/orange pants. 

Because the owners got on the "new Nike uniforms" craze and thought it was a good idea to change everything instead of focusing on building the team for playoff contention.... Or at least a .500 record. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

3 hours ago, colortv said:

I say put the helmet logo on the helmet. It would certainly be unique and it fits with all the other :censored: ups Cleveland has done since they returned

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

7 minutes ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

I say put the helmet logo on the helmet. It would certainly be unique and it fits with all the other :censored: ups Cleveland has done since they returned

So like this, but for the Browns? 

dolpgif16.gif

Don't put anything on the helmet, might as well change it white at that point. Destroying tradition is dumb.

Logo should be used strictly for merch.

3 hours ago, Matito said:

I'm with you there. I don't know why so many people hate this logo, but to me, it's great.

I wasn't aware a lot of people disliked it. It's the only thing I could see being considered to be on the helmet:

-font-b-Cleveland-b-font-font-b-Browns-b

It just works.

50 minutes ago, FlyEaglesFly76 said:

Don't put anything on the helmet, might as well change it white at that point. Destroying tradition is dumb.

Logo should be used strictly for merch.

I'm not saying they need to put anything on the helmet, but what tradition? Tradition of ineptitude? They've been largely irrelevant since the 60's. 

I mean there was a time when helmets didn't have face masks. TImes change. Tasteful updates is the key imo.

Archived