American Collegiate Athletics Federation (Looking for C&C 9/9/21)

the_grateful_ted

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh goodness, so much to go through. I do love looking over these, though.

TRU - From the start, I have to say we have one more logo of a person hitting something with *insert object here* than I expected to see on one page. While TRU's came first, it is the inferior. The fingers make it look like the caveman is gripping the club with his finger nails, and the way his wrist and the club lays doesn't look right. I like the creativity, but I would love to see a caveman face. The secondary logo is pretty cool, but the amount of noise being used isn't convincing me that the writing is chalky. I think you could find a different brush for it somewhere. Other than that, I think the logo is solid. Great colors and fun identity. 4/10 but not far from a 7/10.

SSU - The worst part about SSU as a whole is that it is in Tucson. Secondly, Tucson does not deserve a look this good. I love the quail and his feather cap is beautiful. The colors are also really refreshing, separating from the usual AZ palette. Only things I would suggest have to do with the secondary. The smaller of the suggestions would be adjusting the quails arms, more specifically the right one. It looks a little awkward at that angle. The bigger one that is catching my eye is how the cactus lays flat on the shirt. I think it might look a little more natural if it fit the motion of the bird's body. Love the brand! You've killed it in the desert. 8/10

DTU - Their secondary is much stronger than the primary to the point where I would promote it to primary status. The idea for the Saxon is good, but for some reason I see something similar to a Muppet. Man fighting aggressively is overdone, anyway. The dragon is more unique to the name and has features that might be easier to build a full identity around. 6/10

KU - First thing to applaud is the is the color combo. So unique and attractive *chef's kiss*.  I can feel the tradition radiating from this school and their classic K. I can also see the modern influence in the secondary. Kind of like Nike or Adidas came in and gave it their own spin without absolutely ruining the integrity of the school's identity. Coffin/Keystone/Vampire, clever boy. 9/10

MSU – I’ll start with my only problem, which is the secondary. It feels off but after thinking about it more, it feels like the right direction. I think what’s wrong might be that the staff doesn’t look like the staff Hermes wields just because there isn’t enough area for the god to hold. Idk, an MSU monogram may be the way to go. As for the name and primary, I love them. Great connection to the city, and I appreciate the love for an underutilized figure in Greek mythology. The front of the helmet looks a little clunky, but that is just nitpicking. 7/10

UU – The gladiator helmet looks so good at first glance, but I must say that the circles all being the same size in the mask makes the face look flat. If they progressively got thinner it would give the logo more shape. The sword is a nice option, but I think it would be used very little when comparing it to the other option. 7/10

I am burnt. Time to charge up at get at it again soon. Love seeing the series get some traction again!

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Oh goodness, so much to go through. I do love looking over these, though.

TRU - From the start, I have to say we have one more logo of a person hitting something with *insert object here* than I expected to see on one page. While TRU's came first, it is the inferior. The fingers make it look like the caveman is gripping the club with his finger nails, and the way his wrist and the club lays doesn't look right. I like the creativity, but I would love to see a caveman face. The secondary logo is pretty cool, but the amount of noise being used isn't convincing me that the writing is chalky. I think you could find a different brush for it somewhere. Other than that, I think the logo is solid. Great colors and fun identity. 4/10 but not far from a 7/10.

SSU - The worst part about SSU as a whole is that it is in Tucson. Secondly, Tucson does not deserve a look this good. I love the quail and his feather cap is beautiful. The colors are also really refreshing, separating from the usual AZ palette. Only things I would suggest have to do with the secondary. The smaller of the suggestions would be adjusting the quails arms, more specifically the right one. It looks a little awkward at that angle. The bigger one that is catching my eye is how the cactus lays flat on the shirt. I think it might look a little more natural if it fit the motion of the bird's body. Love the brand! You've killed it in the desert. 8/10

DTU - Their secondary is much stronger than the primary to the point where I would promote it to primary status. The idea for the Saxon is good, but for some reason I see something similar to a Muppet. Man fighting aggressively is overdone, anyway. The dragon is more unique to the name and has features that might be easier to build a full identity around. 6/10

KU - First thing to applaud is the is the color combo. So unique and attractive *chef's kiss*.  I can feel the tradition radiating from this school and their classic K. I can also see the modern influence in the secondary. Kind of like Nike or Adidas came in and gave it their own spin without absolutely ruining the integrity of the school's identity. Coffin/Keystone/Vampire, clever boy. 9/10

MSU – I’ll start with my only problem, which is the secondary. It feels off but after thinking about it more, it feels like the right direction. I think what’s wrong might be that the staff doesn’t look like the staff Hermes wields just because there isn’t enough area for the god to hold. Idk, an MSU monogram may be the way to go. As for the name and primary, I love them. Great connection to the city, and I appreciate the love for an underutilized figure in Greek mythology. The front of the helmet looks a little clunky, but that is just nitpicking. 7/10

UU – The gladiator helmet looks so good at first glance, but I must say that the circles all being the same size in the mask makes the face look flat. If they progressively got thinner it would give the logo more shape. The sword is a nice option, but I think it would be used very little when comparing it to the other option. 7/10

I am burnt. Time to charge up at get at it again soon. Love seeing the series get some traction again!

Quite a few of these will be getting a complete refresh, TRU will be almost entirely different! Only one logo of a hand throwing something 😁

• 3 months later...

Just saw this and I love it! I was looking at the map you provided and noticed that the "Dixie Oklahoma" college was located in McAlester. McAlester is the home of the Oklahoma State Penitentiary, so inmates or something like that could be a nickname. I love the work you're doing. Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

These logo concepts are beautiful. I also like the fact you chose completely different color schemes for each one. My favorites had to be Keystone and Crockett. Really good job.

Archived